Sleepless in California

Jack POV

I don't know how much more if this I can take. My legs had been gone for exactly a week. Mark was being so nice and amazing to me, but he was starting to get clingy. I just wanted to be alone all the time now. My thoughts often got violent, so I drowned them out with my trusty NyQuil. By now I had used up almost all of the bottle, I needed more. I picked up my phone and dialed Mark.

"Hello lovely!" He awnsered, sounding happier then ever.

"Hey, could you maybe pick something up at the store for me?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"NyQuil, I'm starting to develop a cough," I paused and fake hacked to empazize it. "The doctor's said I could have some," I crossed my fingers, hoping he wouldn't notice anything off about what I just said.

"Ssuuureee," He streched out the word, sounding a little unsure. "I'll be there in about twenty minutes,"

"Thanks Mark, you mean the world to me," I breathed a sigh of relief.

"No problem, love you bye,"

"Bye," I hung up amd set my phone back on the table. I felt a panic attack coming on. I had started having them ever since the amputation. My heart pounded in my cheast as I struggled to breathe. I gripped the bed sheets as I squeezed my eys shut. I was used to the wave of nausea that passed through me as I ket out ragged breaths. Soon I got control of my breathing and relaxed more. Mark strutted in holding a bag with the Wal-Mart logo on it.

"Hey honey!" He rushed over and pecked me on the lips.

"Hey," I muttered.

"I got what you wanted, I was just wondering... did the doctors give you permission to have this.. it just seems weird that they would-" I cut him off.

"Yeamh they said it was fine," I snatched the bag out of his hand and quietly slid it into a drawer when he wasn't looking. He sat on the bed and gazed into my eyes.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asked. I blushed and on instict looked at the ground and didn't meet his eyes.

"About a million times," I smiled a bit, I had never noticed how much Mark had really helped me.

"I love you so much Jack," He put his hand in mine. "If you ever need to tell me something I will be right here," I nodded. Something told me he already knew that I lied about the NyQuil thing.

"Okay I will," He tipped my chin up so I was face to face with him. He leaned in and slowly moved closer. I finally closed the gap inbetween us and our lips locked together. We moved in perfect motion. I never noticed how much I really did need him. I kissed his jawline slowly and he shivered. I stopped there and restes my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you," I whispered to him

Ack!! Sorry for the long wait guys! School has been really overwhelming for me (apparently doing the play and running track in the same time frame isn't a good idea XD) Anyway! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, leave a comment down below if you have a request for what might happen in the nnext chapter! STAY ALIVE |-/