Chapter 1- Set up

I know my life has been nothing but bad luck so far but even I didn't expect what I had witnessed to effect me so dramatically.

My sister had called me earlier that day while I was at college, asking me to visit her after college, she wanted to go clothes shopping and she wanted a second opinion apparently. Why she picked me I have no idea, I'm not exactly a girly girl like her, I was more the dark, Gothic girl of the family. Yeah me and my sister had a bad past...very bad...I was the younger sister with a golden heart, firey temper and a lot smarter than I looked. My name was Lauren I had long black hair, dyed of course my natural hair colour was light brown, I had bright blue eyes and I was currently studying animal care at college I hadn't had the best childhood.She was the older sister with a heartless and selfish personality but was all mouth she was actually a soft, she was called Leanne and had long dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes she currently worked at a butchers. Then there was our older brother James who had black hair and chocolate brown eyes, he was well toned and had large muscles as a child he was a little trouble causer but he always had a golden heart. I had a clean slate with a reputation for being a reliable and trustworthy person whereas she had a criminal record for vandalism and a reputation for being a liar and a bitch. Our brother was very much loved amongst the family, he was in the army on the front line and me and James had a close bond, she had always been jealous of me but I always ignored her.

When we were kids she used to constantly cause trouble for attention. She used to fight with my brother so they would both get grounded. She set the curtains on fire in our bedroom and blamed my brother so that she wouldn't get in trouble. One time and I never forgave her for this but she lied to her teachers and said that we'd all been in a car accident and I was on life support. As I said...we had a very bad past. Which is why my dad kicked her out when she took it too far and because she couldn't go to a party with some kids who were bad influences, she phoned the police and said that our dad had been beating us all. That was it my dad had, had it and she got sent to live with my mums mum and dad. I was the only real daughter of my dad which explains the blue eyes, My brother and sister had a different dad but they looked to my dad as their own.

Which is why I was so confused when my sister showed up again and my parents forgave her but of course for them I gave it a try.

So now I'm on my way to my sisters house which was two doors away from mine, wondering why the heck she suddenly wanted to spend some time with me, something didn't seem right. I was wearing my usual college uniform, a light blue polo shirt and black skinny jeans with black trainers and a black zip up fleece that was currently not fastened up, My student ID was gently resting around my neck. My black hair was scraped back into a pony tail and I knocked gently on my sisters door and waited.

No answer...

I decided to check if the door was open and to my surprise it was so I slowly walked in."Leanne?"I called out while walking into the flat but I got no answer so I began to walk upstairs to the living room.

I was left horror struck when I found traces of blood on the stairs and I let out a gasp and rushed up the stairs to the living room."Leanne! Tom!"No answer, I ran into the living room and found my sisters fiance bloody corpse on the floor with a knife in his stomach. I rushed over to him and he was coughing up blood. My stomach twisted at the sight and I began to gag, nearly being sick at the sight. Not thinking I grabbed the knife and held onto the wound."You'll be okay..."I said as tears streamed down my face. Of course he wasn't and he bled out, I watched him die right in front of me. I slowly stood up, still holding the knife.

"You've nowhere to go."A deep voice says from the front entrance. There stood Gothams bat.

 There stood Gothams bat

"What..."I said tears streaming down my face."You think..."I let out a soft chuckle out of confused."You...You think I did this?"I say shaking out of nerves. He doesn't say much but approaches me rather quickly, that's when I realise I'm holding the knife still and I throw it and back away from him."i didn't do anything..."I say and he grab me by my arm."You're going to Arkham..."I begin to struggle and he grabs me around my waist and starts carrying me out of the house and into the street."I'M INNOCENT! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! PUT ME DOWN!"I begin screaming in the street as he throws me into the batmobile. My parents watch from the back door, confused and worried.

They begin shouting, demanding answers from The bat but he just ignored them and began to drive.

The drive was awkward and quiet, I was terrified and I had no idea what was happening."Please...you have to believe me..."It was like talking to a brick wall, he didn't even acknowledge me and he just kept driving."Please..."I begged him but got no reply."Quite."He spoke sternly. There was only one person I knew that became a criminal and his name was Victor...I can't remember his last name but he taught me how to fight when I went through a bad time with people.

We finally arrived at Arkham and it looked terrifying. I gulped and he dragged me out of the car and into the building. He was greeted by a old looking man...he looked like he run the place. I over heard his name...Sharp? I think his name was. After the bat had left I got led into a room, I was still pleading my innocence. They threw me into a padded room."Hurry up and get changed..."The guard said while closing the door. I turned around and saw a orange inmate jumpsuit laid out for me.

 I turned around and saw a orange inmate jumpsuit laid out for me

I quickly changed into it before knocking on the door."I'm changed.."I mutter quietly. A lady walks in and smiles at me."Hello Lauren..."She says in a sweet voice."My name is Dr.Tomkins. I work on the female ward for the inmates, I've been sent to check up on you, due to you being a new Inmate."She explains to me while standing beside me, she was tall and slim with short dark hair."I'm fine doctor...Really...I just...I don't belong here. I haven't done anything. I was set up."I say telling the truth then remembering they must get that a lot."I understand..."Lee says nodding, I actually felt like she believed me."But if you would like my advice, you need to be brave because tomorrow when you're out with the other criminals if you look weak you'll be a target."Lee whispers to me and I nod at her."I shall see you soon Miss.Dixon, Dr.Crane Will see you tomorrow."I perk a brow as she goes to leave."Who's Dr.Crane?"I ask confused."He's your Psychiatrist. He offered to take your case. Be careful with him..."She says before leaving."Why!"I yell but she doesn't hear me and she leaves. He's a doctor...he can't be that bad surely...

I didn't sleep that night, all the yelling and the horrifying thoughts that flooded my mind was too much.

I wanted to go home...

Song for chapter--