Chapter 22-- It's love

Bane was furious that Jonathan had left me alive. He saw him as weak and now me and Jonathan had to try and work together to get out of Gotham alive.

"Scarebare!"I called for Jonathan from the bed where I was lay back like a starfish.

"Lauren, as much as I love you. I hate that Nickname."Jonathan replies with a smirk on his lips from his toxin table.

"I think it's cute and it's late. I'm tired."I mumbled out from the bed. 

I crawled up and decided to lay on my stomach, gazing over at Jonathan with my head resting on my hands and my elbows.

I was wearing one of Jonathan's dress shirts and my hair was curled and resting down my shoulders.

Jonathan was wearing a dress shirt with a tie that was loosened and some suit pants. His hair was a little messy and he looked stressed, he'd been one stop working on toxins.

I saw him glance over at me and smirk mischievously. That smirk that made me die a little inside from how hot he looked.

"I'm surprised you're not mad with me."I mumbled out to him.

"What reason would I have to be mad with you?"Jonathan simply asked me.

"Well, Bane hates you now."I sigh out heavily.

"Bane means nothing to me. Yes he broke me out of blackgate and I'm grateful for the get out of jail free card but he's not worth killing you over."Jonathan express's out with a passion that I hadn't heard in a long time.

Jonathan runs a hand triedly over his face in attempt to keep himself awake. I couldn't help but tilt my head at him in interest, he needed to sleep.

"Jon, you need sleep."I mutter out to him.

"Not yet. I need to finish this batch."Jonathan sighs out heavily."And don't call me Jon, you've never called it me before and it sounds strange."

"Yeah I get it. Too spooky for you and all that but Jonathan, you are exhausted and stressed."I point out to him in a more serious voice.

"Darling, I need to get this batch finished."Jonathan repeats himself.

I rolled my eyes and slowly moved up from the bed, slowly walking over to him and standing behind him, snaking my arms around his waist and resting my head on his back, his tense body seemed to relax slightly.

"Never leave for a whole year again."Jonathan practically demanded.

"You got it..."I mumbled into his back."But if you ain't gonna know your limits, then I am."

I moved under his arms and stood in front of him, staring him dead in the eye as I grabbed his tie.

"Come with me."I order him.

"I'm not a dog Lauren."He practically scoffed out.

"Perhaps not but you're not a slave either. You need to take a break."My tone was a lot more serious.

"You're like the mother I never had."Jonathan jokes out half heartedly.

"Well I am a mother now."I point out to him."Come to bed with me Jonathan."

He looked down at me, reluctance still filling his features as his gaze flicked between me and the toxins behind me.

"Fine..."He finally agrees."But don't complain when I'm up early continuing my work."