Chapter 11-- Divided

I woke up to his smell, his hold, his heart and his gentle breath. I slowly got myself out of his grip being careful not to wake Jonathan and quietly walked to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got dressed in a baggy light brown walking dead t-shirt and some leggings, I was still trying to bring my head around what had happened yesterday.

I walked down the corridor and to the kitchen only to nearly jump out of my skin as I saw Harley and Ivy stood in my living room."Hi?"I say quietly in a confused tone, offering the pair a small wave before walking into the kitchen. The jester jumps up and prances into the kitchen."We are here for Scarecrow!"She announces in a squeaky, childish tone of voice."Scarecrow?"I perk my brows.before smirking while making some coffee."I haven't seen him. Jonathan on the other hand is asleep."I gesture towards the hallway to the bedroom, earning a confused expression from Harley."So what are you? His lab rat?"Ivy asks with a unamused expression."That's probably what scarecrow sees me as but Jonathan sees me as his Girlfriend."I say with a shrug as I hold my cup of coffee."What are you doing here?"A demonic voice speaks from the hallway before a Tall man in a ripped suit and mask comes from around the corner."Never mind, maybe Scarecrow is here."I mutter to myself before sipping on my coffee."Mistah J wants to see ya 'bout some psycho lady that's after revenge!"The jester says prancing over to scarecrow and Ivy."Yes. It seems she's out for you too. Joker used the fear toxins you sold him."Scarecrow nods before letting out a angry sigh. I simply lean against the kitchen counter with a blank expression."So yeah! Don't keep ma puddin waiting, ya know Mistah J hates to wait!"Harley practically lectures scarecrow, pointing at him with her index finger."Very well..."He mutters before leaving with the jester and Ivy."Yeah? Bye douchebag!"I yell after them while running to shut the door, scarecrow was so rude.

"Not as nice as the otherside of your boyfriend, huh?"A voice calls from behind me and I glance over to see a familiar blonde climbing through the window."LEX!"I yell running over to him and hugging him tightly."Hiya, good to see you but this isn't the time for this."He says hugging back but then pulling away."Why? What's up?"I ask him concerned."You were who broke Crane and his.men out of the prison van, right?"He asks me, curiosity covering his features."Yes."I answer him honestly and he smirk."Nice. Badass."He comments before shaking his head."Well, prepare because you're in for a big fight."He announces with a sigh and I look at him confused."Lex, what do you mean?"Lex moves to sit down on the couch and I sit across from him."The day your boyfriend got arrested he was doing a deal, right?"I nod at him in confirmation."As far as I know, yes. That's what he told me."Lex sighs and looks at me sympathethically."Nobody knows I'm here so you can't tell anyone I told you."I give him a reassuring smile and nod."Of course."He sighs and takes a deep breath."Your boyfriend sold fear toxins to Joker's men. The Joker has been causing Chaos throughout gotham over the past few weeks, Joker killed many people but he's killed this girls family and used Jonathan's toxins and now she's out for revenge."I shake my head."Harley has just told Scarecrow that, I already know and that's his business."I tell him with a shrug and he shakes his head at me frantically."Did she tell you the part that the masked girl is your friend Chloe?"My eyes widen and I feel my stomach drop at the words."What?"I whisper barely audible."Yeah. I didn't think so. Look Lauren Chloe and I are confronting them tonight at Joker's warehouse, I know you love Jonathan but please stay out of this. Chloe has already got some Infamous Villains on her side and I'm afraid to tell you that I'm also on her side. Please stay out of this..."I gulp at his words and flinch as he kisses me on my cheek and leaves. How can I stay out of it?

Chloe's POV

If that psychotic Clown and Scarecrow thought they were going to get away with it, they had another thing coming. I already had many talented criminals on my side. Ella, Bane, The Penguin, Lex, The Riddler and Harvey Dent. Of course only myself, Lex.and Ella were going to.confront them tonight.

I wore a deep purple catsuit with a purple eye mask, my dark brown mixed with purple hair wore down. I had dark brown eye shadow, black eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick for my makeup. I had a samurai sword in a holster. Ella wore a basic black shirt with blue jeans and her brown hair tied back with duel pistols in holsters strapped to her waist. Lex wore a black hoodie with a black and purple mask, black skinny jeans with duel revolvers and a dagger.

We walked through the smelly warehouse seeing The Joker stood talking to Scarecrow, their men raised there guns at the sight of us."Ah! You must be the little craaazy girl that's out for revenge!"The Joker exclaims while clasping his hands together."Goodie!"He laughs and Scarecrow remains silent."I'm here because you killed my family."The Joker tilted his head, flicking his tongue out to lick his lips."Which one was yours because I've killed quite a lot."He chuckles and Scarecrow tilts his masked head slightly."I'll give you a clue. I want him dead too.I point at Scarecrow who chuckles darkly."Aren't you a brave little ant?"He says in his demonic voice."Oh fuck this."I pull out my samurai sword from its holster and go to swing it at scarecrow but a figure quietly drops from the ceiling in front of scarecrow, grasping my arm tightly and hitting me hard in the chest, causing me to stumble backwards, coughing."You're not laying a finger on him."The female voice speaks angrily as she braces up. She was in a black catsuit, knee length leather boots with duel pistols strapped to her waist and a sharp knife, her jet black hair was tied back in a tight pony tail and she wore dark makeup to make her blue eyes stand out through her black eye mask her lips were painted black. I heard a heavy sigh escape Lex.

The Joker perked his brows and licked his lips, walking close to his new team member."And who might you be?"He asked glancing between Scarecrow and her. Her eyes glanced over to The Joker's men who had guns on her."Call off your dogs."The Joker huffed and waved his hand at his men."Whatever you say dollface."He chuckles to himself when she scowls at him.

"Well look who decided to join the party."I say pointing my sword at her."Lauren, why are you protecting him?!?"I yell at her, not understanding how she could protect him if she knew what he was like."Lauren? Well hey tuts! I haven't seen you since Arkham! I thought I recognised you beautiful."The Joker exclaims clasping his hands and licking his red painted lips."You know damn well why I'm protecting him and as long as I'm still breathing you aren't touching him."She yells at me, pointing her gloved index finger at me."We are your friends and you are gonna choose these nutjobs over us?"Lex yells at her from beside me."I'm not a nutjob. I'm perfectly sane..."Scarecrow says from behind Lauren causing her to chuckle."Lauren I asked you to stay out of this!"Lex yells at her and she huffs."You expect me to sit back and twiddle my thumbs when you're all trying to kill the man I love!"

"Then it's settled. This is war."I announce with a heavy sigh.

My POV(Lauren's)

*Later that night*

I was walking through the streets alone, upset and surprisingly scared. Scared of hurting my friends, of them hurting me or more importantly them hurting Jonathan. After they had left I'd gone home with Scarecrow who wouldn't stop babbling about making some new and stronger toxins, the sooner Jonathan was back in control the better. I came to a halt and leaned against a wall."Why is it everyone in this town is bonkers?"I mutters to myself as a tear rolls down my face."We are all crazy here..."A voice chuckles from the shadows, perking my interest. I look towards the shadows only seeing the outline of a tall, slim man with a rather large hat. His voice sounded familiar."Who are you?"I ask looking over in the direction of the silhouette."Who are you?"He asks with a mad chuckle. Eventually I felt strong arms grab me and something cover my face, causing darkness to fill ny vision.

Not again...

Song for chapter--