Chapter 8- You're not like the others

It had been weeks since the kidnapping and the almighty scarecrow had been thrown in arkham. I sympathized him and I know that I shouldn't, reading it was one thing but hearing it on the news hurt. Jonathan wasn't the man they were making him out to be but it's not like he cares or so I thought. Maybe I really was crazy.

I'd just come home from college, my parents were out seeing my attention seeking sister, which reminds me I still need my vengeance. As I walk into my room and I throw my jacket on my bed and the door shuts on its own behind me, I feel myself tense and freeze in place ."Miss Dixon."A familiar voice finally breaks the silence from behind me, I hear his footsteps slowly approaching me from behind at a agonizing pace."Doctor Crane..."I reply clearing my throat and acting brave to mislead him of my fear, besides isn't that what he gets a kick out of?

He's finally close behind me and I gulp too worried to turn around and face him."I sense your fear."He whispers down my ear, I didn't realise he was that close behind me until I felt the tickle of his breath against the skin of my neck sending shivers through my body."I'm not afraid of you."I barely manage to whisper back to him, I hear a deep and dark chuckle erupt against from him, tickling my neck."Your body language tells me different. Now why don't you face me?"He whispers once again before moving backwards, waiting. My body shakes a little, was he going to kill me? No if he was going to kill me he'd of done it by now. No this asshole wasn't going to get the better of me. Not this time. I slowly turn myself to face him and he smirks down at me."Well, you've certainly not changed."He states as my blue eyes stare right through his blue ones for a moment I lean in close to his full, soft looking lips before backing I quickly pull back and my hand flies at his face with force, leaving a bright red hand print on his face."How dare you come here!"His facial expressions shows shock mixed with anger."I let you go unharmed."I snort a laugh trying to walk away from him but he takes a firm grip on my wrist."You say you let me go unharmed yet what would you know!"I say getting threateningly close to his face, feeling the tension between us. He lets out a slight growl of frustration."I know you don't hate me..."He whispers his eyes still hooked with mine and his grip on my wrist painfully tight."You don't know anything about me or what I feel."I counter back although I'm not actually mad at him anymore, just stubborn."I know you better than most."He smirks at me leaning a little bit more closer...
closer...
closer...

My heart races as his lips rest centimeters away from my own and I just couldn't take it anymore, all the tension, the bond, the feelings become too much and I place my lips on his and watch as his eyes widen and he pulls away for a moment, letting go off my wrists. I watch him, frozen feeling slightly embarrassed that he'd pulled away. He quickly rushes out of the room and I sit down, sighing. I shouldn't have done that...

*Two days later*

I sat in a bar with Chloe and Ben.Me in a tight, short blue dress

 and Chloe in a short bluetight purple dress

"Fuck relationships!"I say raising my glass of coke up to my lips, I was trying to make Ben feel better, he'd just caught his girlfriend cheating and Me and Chloe had agreed to taking him out and cheering him up

"Fuck relationships!"I say raising my glass of coke up to my lips, I was trying to make Ben feel better, he'd just caught his girlfriend cheating and Me and Chloe had agreed to taking him out and cheering him up."You don't understand..."He mutters and Chloe starts laughing."She doesn't understand? She fell in love with her psychiatrist that is now a patient at the asylum he worked at."Although her intentions were good, that comment did hurt a little but I laughed and hid it."Am I interrupting?"A voice spoke up, shadowing over our table, my eyes stayed looking at the table but Chloe's gazed at the man."Or he's not...Lauren you said..."Jonathan grinned down at Chloe before removing his glasses to look the girl in the eyes."They let me go, said I was sane ."Jonathan lies with extreme talent. I can feel his eyes move over to me."May we talk?"Jonathan requests and I know he's talking to me without even looking at him."What's there to talk about?"I ask downing my drink and looking over at Ben who's looking very confused."Plenty."Jonathan says before grabbing the top of my arm firmly and pulling me up and away from the table.

After we were outside of the bar he finally let go of me and I rub the now red skin of my arm to sooth it."What the heck is your problem Jona-"I don't get chance to finish my words before his lips are on mine and mine on his, the kiss is almost desperate but passionate, his hands move down to my waist and mine move to the back of his neck. After pulling away but not far away and keeping his hands on my waist in the embrace he finally looks me in the eyes and says."Come with me...I'm leaving Gotham for a while. I'm going into hiding while that crazed clown and his girlfriend cause trouble to keep them busy."I blink a few times, listening to his words before finally nodding in agreement, I didn't know what I was thinking but the thought of running away with him excited me."On one condition."I say to him sternly while looking up into his deep blue eyes. He looks down at me with a curious expression."What's the condition?"I smile up at him, seeing Chloe and Ben watching the pair of us through a window."Don't ever use me as a test subject again."He chuckles darkly before kissing my forehead gently."Believe me. That wasn't my intentions."

Song for chapter---