Chapter 9- I love you

((text-- Chloe
Text-- Me))

It had been a few weeks since I'd left Gotham with Jonathan and I'd come to the conclusion that I love him, I hadn't told him I love him of course but I did, more than anything. What scared me was him not loving me back. Did he actually need me? Hes strong, smart and good looking, he could get any girl! I love him and I just need to know he feels the same.

I was sat alone in a navy blue vest top and black leggings with my hair loosely tied back, texting Chloe bored, Jonathan was working on some new fear toxins in the hotel bedroom and I wasn't allowed in just in case something went wrong.

"When are you coming back to Gotham?"

"I'm not sure why?"

"Dunno, miss you. Bored."I chuckle to myself at her reply.

"Jonathan is currently working on a new project so I'm not 100% sure when we'll be back."

"Why did you even leave?"I wonder for a few minutes if I should tell her. I mean how exactly do you tell someone your boyfriend dresses up as a scarecrow and scares people to death by making them see their worst fears.

"It's a very long and confusing story..."

"I'm sure it's not as confusing as this psychotic clown that's going around robbing banks."I laugh out loud by accident and Jonathan had just walked into the room and had perked a brow. He was wearing the white shirt from his suit with a red tie and black pants.

"What's so funny?"He asks me while coming over to sit with me, he wasn't wearing his glasses and he looked exhausted."Just talking to Chloe. She said there's a psychotic clown that's going around robbing banks in Gotham."Jonathan sighs and rubs his temple with both of his index fingers."You look exhausted..."I say moving to sit behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist."I am exhausted. I just can't seem to get this new toxin to work."I rest my head gently on his tense back, Inhaling his sent."You'll figure it out. You always do. Maybe you should try and get some sleep."He smiles slightly to himself but I can't see it."I can't. I have a meeting to go to. A business discussion with a gang in Gotham."I perk my brows and lift my head back up, he smirks to himself knowing that he'd perked my interest."Gotham? You're going back to Gotham?"He nods to himself, clasping his hands together in front of his face like he's praying but he's actually just thinking."Yes. Just for a meeting."I sigh and move my hands up his back to his shoulders and I start to rub his shoulders gentle, giving him a small massage."Can I come?"I whisper to him and he shakes his head immediately, standing up."It's too dangerous. If something goes wrong, they'll hurt you without a second thought."I sigh and stand up placing my hands on my hip."You of all people know that I can kick their asses with or without a weapon."I point to myself with a smirk."Trained by a hitman, remember?"He just looks at me blankly and I roll my eyes."Please Jonathan!"He smirks down at me before shaking his head."You can come to Gotham with me but not to the deal."He says sternly and I smile knowing that's the best I'm going to get."Thank you."

*time skip*

I slowly approach Chloe's front door in some black leather pants and a black shirt with deadpool written on it in red I wore a black leather jacket over the top and Big knee length leather boots. My hair was tied in pigtails this time and makeup wise I only wore eyeliner. I gently knocked on the door with a sweet smile like butter wouldn't melt.

"I'LL GET IT!"I heard Chloe yell and I chuckled. The door flies open and I smile at his jaw dropped expression."Hey Chloe!"After a moment of silence she finally speaks."What the heck are you doing here?! You told me you didn't know when you'd be back!"She says stepping outside to stand with me, she had a big grin on her face. She was wearing a purple shirt, blue skinny jeans."Change of plan, Jonathan has a meeting so I'very come to see you while he's busy."I say with a sweet smile and she nods."Fair enough."She agrees and nods, inviting me inside.