Chapter One

"Ouch, Ant that hurts!" I say.

Antoinette releases the curler from my hair and set it down on the counter.

"Well, if you're going to let me do your hair, you have to cooperate," she says. She unplugs the hair curler and turns me around so she can see what she has been doing for the past hour on my hair.

"Perfect! I should totally be a hair stylist! So, what do you think?"

She turns me back around so I can see myself in the mirror.

" Umm... It's nice," I get up and look closer in the mirror.

"Leiah! It is not just nice! This took me almost an hour to do!"

"And it is nice,"

"Oh my gosh Leiah... No one wants to hear that there accomplishments are nice!"

"Well what do you want me to say? You know I'm not into this kind of stuff. I'd rather have my hair into a ponytail or messy bun,"

"That's why I'm trying to make you more girly,"

"Well thanks, but I'm fine,"

I walk out of her bathroom and I sit on her queen sized luscious pink bed. She follows me out and sits at her desk.

"Well at least I can say that I tried,"

I laugh. Antoinette has always been the one to try and make me more girly. I've known Antoinette since middle school where she stood up in front of bullies who stole my lunch money. She chased one of them and beat up the others. I would never forget how brave she was. We've been best friends ever since and she has always been trying to change my style. She loves fashion and has the biggest closet I've ever seen full of clothes, shoes, purses, etc. Sometimes she wants me to borrow some of her clothes, but I refuse. Some of her clothes are just not my style.

Antoinette's family is rich because her dad is the CEO of Samsung and he has his headquarters here. People everywhere know her and her family and it shows. Every time we go out, someone always has to stare at us like we're the most interesting people in the world. Antoinette doesn't seem to notice but I do.

"Ant, there staring again..." I would nudge her multiple times.

"Who?" she always replies not even making eye contact with them.

At first it seemed like we were famous, but it got kind of creepy. I guess I kind of felt left out in Antoinette's world. I sometimes hear people talking about me behind my back. I don't really care about what people think, but it gets aggravating over time. Maybe I do need to get girly. I laugh to myself. Antoinette would love that. I look back over to her and smile.

"Ant, I do like it but-" I hesitate.

"Aw thanks Leiah! I knew you would! You just have to get used to it!"

Her cell phone rings when I'm about to protest. She swipes the screen unlock and about five seconds later she's screaming.

"OMG LEIAH YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!" she screams.

"What!"

"You know the football team from school. Well they are throwing a back to school party on Sunday and we so have to go!"

"Umm Ant... I don't think I can-"

"Leiah no. You're going! Everyone is gonna be there! You'll have fun I know you will! Don't you want to spend the last week of summer as sophomores getting our groove on before Junior year?"

"I don't know..."

"Leiah."

I look up at Antoinette.