Chapter Nine

"You look nice,'' I tell Dennis. He has on cargo pants with a red shirt with print on it, a dark navy blue sweater and black Vans.

"Thanks. This is the best I could do rushing to get here after practice,"

"Well it's good enough, ready?"

"Yeah,"

I walk out the door and lock it behind me."So, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise,"

"I love surprises!"

"Really?" he asks with a small grin.

"Yes! I love the suspense of wanting to know,"

He laughs. "Well I can tell you that this, it's worth waiting for,"

    As were driving, I ask Dennis all about practice and how they've been doing. He says that they're preparing for their first game and he thinks that they're going to do great. We then talk about random topics like we always do and I can already start to relax and enjoy hanging out, just the two of us.

"What's your favorite Disney movie?" I ask him. We've been driving for about fifteen minutes, but it seem like an eternity.

"I'm going to have to say The Lion King," he replies.

"Why?"

"Well it's just an awesome movie, and who doesn't love Hakuna Matata?"

I laugh, "Oh my gosh! I would've never guessed! I thought you were more into Lilo and Stitch,"

"Oh now that's a great movie!"

I don't even notice it, but all of a sudden he shuts the car off.

"Were here already?" I ask.

"Yep. Now the surprise awaits,"

He gets out and closes his door then walks over to my door. He opens it and motions me out.

    Walking up the building he tells me to close my eyes, and I do. I can feel him coming behind me and covering my hands with his. I smile as I feel a big gush of hot air blowing on me as I hear loud music. He then stops walking and I lean back against his chest.

"Ok, open," he whispers in my ear as he takes his hands off of mine.

I open my eyes and look around. Were at a rollerskating rink. Wow, this is really surprising. I thought we would go something along the lines of Putt-Putt-Golf, but roller skating's seems fun too.

"So, whatcha think? I really didn't know if you would really like-" he says.

"It's perfect," I interrupt. And it was perfect, but the only thing that's going to ruin my perfect fantasy of how this day was going to turn out, is that I can't rollerskate. I never really learned how to because I guess I've always been busy going to art galleries, and volunteering at art classes that I never really did other activities. I didn't want Dennis to think I'm some loser just because I have never roller skated in my life. I hope this goes well, I think as we're putting on our shoes.

    "So, how did you find this place?" I ask Dennis.

"Well, My brother and sister and I would go when our parents thrown us out of the house. They wanted us to get off of the computer and video games, so since my older brother Caleb could drive, we rode around till we found this place, and came here ever since,"

"Do you guys still come here together?"

"Yeah, sometimes. Since Caleb and Naomi are gone out to college, we don't really come here that often. We didn't really bring Noah with us because he's too small and we tell him that this is a big kid trip,"