Epilogue

- A week later on the University of Southern California campus - 

Walking around the campus with Mila, I feel so comfortable and prepared for college that I get what Archie was saying about how I would love college better than high school. It's the sense of freedom that you feel and I have to say, it feels so good. We keep walking around and just take in the fact that we are officially college students.

"This feels so surreal, doesn't it?" Mila asks me.

"I totally agree. I feel so small here, like there are so many people here compared to high school,"

"I agree, but at least I have a friend now so it doesn't feel as weird," she says wrapping her arm around mine.

I smile at her and then she focuses on something in front of her.

"What?" I say looking back forward.

"Isn't that Quinn? I wonder what she's doing?"

I look closely and then see her laying out her USC blanket on the ground right next to a her purse.

"Yeah that's her, let's go say hi,"

We walk over to Quinn who is busy setting up her area that she doesn't notice us walk up to her. She then turns around and looks like she saw the holy ghost.

"OH MY GOSH!" she screams.

We laugh at her reaction as she holds her hand over her chest trying to catch her breath.

"Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry Quinn! You're so funny when you get scared!" Mila laughs, leaning on me to keep her balance.

"Mila," I say while holding onto her so she doesn't fall over from laughing too hard, "Did you see her face!"

She nods as we crack up again.

"Hey, you guys, stop laughing!" Quinn says while she pouts.

After we cool down from laughing we join Quinn on her blanket and hang out. There are quite a few people out at the quad reading books, having a picnic or playing football and soccer.

"Did you guys see the football player's!" Mila says.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't!" replies Quinn, "I didn't even get to introduce myself at the party last week! I heard that they practiced shirtless yesterday,"

"Wow Quinn, the only thing to get you excited, huh?" I reply.

She nods and smiles.

"What about you Leiah, did you see them practicing yesterday?" Mila asks me, "There are some cute guys on the freshman team this year,"

"I have a boyfriend so I didn't really pay any attention to them," I say.

Mila and Quinn have their mouths open in shock.

"You already have a boyfriend! Wow Leiah, you are ahead of the game and we didn't even start school yet!" Quinn says.

"No," I say laughing, "We started dating in high school, sophomore year,"

"Aww, that is so sweet," Mila says.

"Does he go to USC?" asks Quinn.

I shake my head no, "He doesn't. He goes to the University of Florida,"

"Oh wow. That's sad. How is it doing the long distance thing?" Quinn asks.

"It's harder than it looks. We try to stay in touch everyday, just to see what the other is doing,"