Chapter Three

"Ok Ant... I'm not feeling so good, can we just go back home and just watch all of the High School Musical movies? You know the second one is my favorite,"

"No! We are in too deep. Today is the day for new beginnings Leiah. Now let me finish your eyeliner so we can go. We're already fashionably late,"

Antoinette drives us 15 minutes away to this huge cream white house. The house has these huge white pillars, and navy blue windows that contrast. There is a red Honda parked in the driveway. There are a few rolls of toilet paper draped across it. My eyes widen as we walk up to the door, Antoinette sees my face and practically has to drag me in. I feel like everyone in the world is here. There's loud rap music that I've never heard before, and so many red Solo cups thrown on the floor. There's a couple grinding on each other in the corner and Antoinette drags me to the kitchen.

"Why don't I get you a drink. What do you want?" she asks me.

I look around the kitchen and the counters are surrounded with bottles of alcohol.

"I don't even know? Is there anything besides alcohol?"

Antoinette looks around and shakes her head. "Nah, that's all they got. Oh wait! I think I see a cooler. I'll be back."

"Ant wait-"

She's long gone before I can reach her. Now what am I going to do, I think to myself. I look around the kitchen, but Antoinette was right, nothing. As I'm looking around for a bathroom to hide in, I lock eyes with Jake. Of all places he's here. The stare is so awkward that I look away quickly and hope he doesn't try to come over to talk to me. My worst nightmare comes true because he strides through the crowd of people towards me. He has this lazy walk to him that disgust me.

"Long time no see Leiah." he says to me. His breath smells like cheap beer.

"Yep," I look around for help, "How've you been Jake?"

"Better since I haven't seen you in who knows how long? Hope I can see you some more next year, huh?" he gives me a sluggish grin and steps toward me.

"Crossing my fingers," I take a small step backwards. Can I please escape? What is taking Antoinette so long? I need to find a way out of this, and what I do next even shocks me. I spot a guy nearby and I go up to him, looping my arm around his.

"Oh my gosh, there you are! I've been looking everywhere for you? Did you find that drink I was looking for? I guess not. Well umm... nice chatting with you Jake, but I got to go. Bye," I take the guy's hand and drag him with me to the other room without looking back at Jake.

I turn around the corner to see if Jake followed us, but no sign of him. I let go of his hand and take a deep satisfying breath and when I turn back to the guy, he's staring at me.

I panic, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I like dragged you over here. That guy was like a total perv and I had to find some way to escape,"

He's still silent, but after a while, he smiles. "No problem. I'm glad I could help,"

His smile is the most amazing thing my eyes have ever seen. He has these straight white teeth that are almost blinding. All you can do is smile back, so I smile at him.

"Thanks," I say mesmerized. I snap out of it and awkwardly start to turn to leave.

"Wait,"

I turn back around to him. Oh no, what does he want? Is he upset for what I did? He probably thinks I'm some crazy person that's lost her mind. Why didn't I just stay home.

"Yeah?" I ask turning back around.

"I feel kind of bad not knowing the girl's name that I rescued,"