Chapter ThirtyTwo

The next day, Dennis came over and I gave him a hug as I opened the door.

"Thanks for coming, and early too!" I say.

"No problem. I just couldn't wait another half an hour," he smiles at me.

Before he came I brought out boxes and started on my desk area.
"Already getting started without me," he says.

"Well I was waiting for you, and then I just started a little early," I say.

"Well then, let's finish,"

We pack all of my little handicrafts and other essentials that aren't my clothes.

"You do have a lot of achievements and trophies, but not as much as I do!" Dennis says looking through my certificates.

"Hey, that's just the certificates, wait till you get to these," I say carrying an even bigger box.

Dennis's mouth drops as I laugh.

We then take a break and lay on my bed together.

"We did a lot of it already, I can't believe how fast we worked," I tell him.

"Yeah, we're almost done." he takes a heavy sigh. "You want to get smoothies?"

I look over at him and nod. We get up and get into his car and I drive to the smoothie place about ten minutes away. I get a strawberry banana smoothie, Dennis gets peach and mango, and being considerate, I get my parents a pomegranate berry smoothie. Coming back home I find them watching the Discovery Channel together and give them their smoothies.

"Thanks, how did you know I was craving a smoothie?" my mom asks.

"I think Dennis is the one that knows your cravings," I laugh taking a sip of mine.

"Thanks Dennis," my dad responds.

"No problem." he replies, "Now back to work!" he grabs my hand and takes me back to my room.

"Okay, so we just have the rest of my closet, then we're done," I tell him.

"Alright," he says sitting down taking another sip of his smoothie.

"Can I have some?" I ask him crisscrossing my legs together across from him. He nods then we trade. I like his better so we end up keeping each others, and when we're done, we end up finishing my room in exponential time. We're sitting on my bed, leaning on the headboard when Dennis takes my hand, and holds onto it tight.

"When are you officially leaving?" I ask him.

"A week after graduation," he says.

"Really, so soon?"

"Yeah, it's coming way too fast,"

I lean on his shoulder and say, "How do you feel about it?"

"It's exciting of course, but I wish I could stay the whole summer with the rest of you guys,"

"Do you have to go so soon?"

"Yeah I do. I have to get settled in, and get signed up with the football program, but if I was going where you are, it doesn't start until a month after."

"And that's when I'm moving in,"

"So you're packing up, but you don't have to move in till a couple of months,"

"Well," I look at him, "I wanted to pack up with you, since you'll be gone,"

He smiles at me and brings me closer in a hug. "Thankyou,"

I smile as I snug into him and hold him tight.

♡ ♡ ♡

The second to last week of Senior year went by extremely fast, and by that Thursday, we all had about a week left to be together before we were all high school graduates. After school I rushed to my locker and grabbed my books to get them returned, and right when I closed my locker, I spotted Ricky holding books walking to the library. I walked fast to catch up to him, trying not to drop my books I had in my hands.