Chapter Eleven

Antoinette drove me to school the next morning. As she parks, she doesn't unlock the door.

"Um Ant, can I get out, I have to get my books for first," I ask.

"Wait Leiah," she says.

I wait turning to face her. She looks at me.

"I'm glad that you and Dennis are dating now but just realize that once you walk through that door, you're not little miss Leiah Cartwright anymore, your Leiah Cartwright...2.0,"

"Thanks Ant," I smile rolling my eyes.

"And girl, I got your back when you get the stares,"

"Stares?"

"Yeah. That stare where all the girls want to kill you because you're dating Dennis Owens. It's a jealous stare that all the girls give any girl he starts dating. I'll beat them just like I did those kids who took your lunch in middle school,"

"Thanks Ant. I'm glad you got my back,"

    Antoinette had my back all morning. She walked beside my as we passed by classrooms and even in the bathroom. I laughed as she checked underneath the stalls.

"Ant, I don't think that anyone knows since we haven't been out together at school,"

"You never know Leiah, there's some creeps out there," she checks her makeup in the mirror.

"Now I think you're over exaggerating Ant,"

"Just watch your back, you don't know who's out there lurking,"

I laugh as we walk out of the bathroom. "You're crazy,"

We walk to my locker and then to Antoinette's locker as she opens the lock and finds her English book. She then looks over to her left and turns back to me.

"Hey Leiah, look," Antoinette turns back around and I look around to find Dennis with Aiden talking to some guys. The other guys are wearing their jerseys so I'm guessing they're on the football team. 

"I guess time has come for you guys to go public," Antoinette says closing her locker.

"Ant, I'm kind of scared,"

"Don't be. You deserve this. Just stay calm and relax,"

"I can't I'm like shaking!"

"Don't worry Leiah you'll be fine, besides, you guys look so cute together but not as cute as Leo and I,"

"Oh yeah right, Dennis and I are by far the cutest couple,"

"I agree," Dennis says behind me. I guess while Antoinette and I were talking, the boys came up to us.

"Hey," I go up to Dennis and he puts his arms around me and gives me a hug.

We're smiling at each other then we turn around to Aiden and Antoinette as they give us the Leo grin.

"Gosh, you guys scare me with that face," I say.

"I'm glad that you guys are finally together," said Aiden.

"I know right," Antoinette says to Aiden. "It took forever. Even our hard work of getting you guys together kept getting ruined,"

"Well, I think we got together on our own," Dennis tells them.

"Yeah, but thanks for your attempt, I guess," I laugh as Dennis takes my bag then my hand.

"See you guys during lunch," Dennis waves to Aiden and Antoinette as we walk down the hall with our hands intertwined.