Chapter TwentyEight

I lay on Dennis's shoulder, holding his hand as we ride back to my house. I feel Dennis squeeze my hand and I look up at his eyes and smile. He smiles back at me as I close my eyes. I'm still hyped up on an adrenaline rush so I can't even go to sleep. I just keep my eyes closed, thinking about all the fun I had today. Pretty soon we arrive at my house and Antoinette and Giselle get out.

"We're going to get our things and ride back in the limo," Giselle says.

They go inside my house to retrieve their things. Dennis and I get out of the limo and follow behind them. We walk as Dennis puts his hand on my lower back till we get to my front door and stop, standing in front of each other. We're staring and smiling at each other; the most comfortable silence that I've ever been in.

Dennis first speaks saying, "Quite a night, huh?"

I nod, "Yeah, it was everything I could dream of. It was truly a dream come true,"

"Yeah it was pretty great. I'm glad I got to go to Prom with you,"

"Back at you. You do look pretty sexy in a tuxedo,"

Dennis laughs, "I'm not the only one looking good tonight. That dress is perfect on you,"

"Thanks. I just wish that the Prom hadn't ended so soon,"

"It is pretty late right now. It's almost one o'clock," Dennis says checking his phone.

"Well, I was having so much fun that I didn't look at the time. I should really get going, and get some beauty sleep,"

"Which you so obviously don't need,"

I smile, "Trying to earn yourself so brownie points huh?"

He shakes his head shocked, "What! Never! Just giving my lady a nice comment,"

"Why thank you. You know, saying stuff like this doesn't help when I'm trying to go to sleep,"

"Why not?"

"Because all I can think about is you,"

Dennis smiles and grabs my hands pulling me closer to him. I wrap my hands around his waist and he does the same.

"It's totally the same for me too. I go to sleep thinking of you, and wake up thinking of you,"

"Stalker much?"

He laughs, "Totally, your own personal stalker,"

"That I kiss from time to time,"

He smiles and leans down to kiss me. I feel his smile through the kiss that only makes me smile too. Just then all of a sudden I hear my door open and Antoinette burst through the door knocking us apart. Antoinette looks from Dennis to me with an apologetic look.

"Bad timing huh? Sorry guys... continue," she says walking awkwardly back to the limo with her things.

Just when we are about to continue what we started, Giselle comes through the door and we break apart again. She gives a sorry look and walks over to the limo. Once they are inside I look over at Dennis. He looks over to me and we burst out with laughter.

"Think they planned that?" he asks.

"I don't know, but that was pretty awkward," I laugh.

"So awkward. Makes me want to wait and see if anyone else is going to come out of your house,"

I laugh, "Only one way to find out," I come closer to him, pulling his jacket towards me.

Dennis then kisses me, wrapping me up in his arms. Our kiss lasts a lifetime, it seems, but then I pull back thinking how it's really early in the morning and our other friends need to get home.