Chapter Nine - Dennis's POV

My heart is beating so fast while I'm driving to Leiah's house that I think I need to calm down before I get a heart attack. I take deep breaths and think back to what Aiden said before I left.

"Dude, don't even stress," Aiden assures me.

"I want everything to be perfect. Like, I don't think that I've liked a girl this bad before," I tell him tying my black vans and grabbing my blue sweater out of my closet.

"Bro, you're so whipped," Leo says laying on my bed on his phone.

"And what about you?" I ask him.

"I'm not whipped,"
"Then who are you texting?"

He then looks at me and then back at his phone, "Uh, no one. Stop being nosy Den Den,"

I shake my head thinking about how obvious Leo is. He's so into Leiah's friend, that everyone knows. I wonder if other people know that I like Leiah?, I think as I continue to drive to her house. I push all of my thoughts aside as I finally reach her home and I then turn off the car.

"Well, this is it," I tell myself getting out of the car and walking up to her front door. I ring the doorbell and wait. All of a sudden she opens the door and I am literally blown away from how beautiful she looks. Don't get me wrong, she always has looked beautiful, but the way she's looking right now, I don't know if I can handle keeping my cool. I hope she can't tell that I'm totally checking her out right now, so I look down at the ground and wipe my already sweaty hands on my pants. She tells me that I look nice, but all I can really focus on his how hot she looks in those jeans. I keep getting mesmerized in her eyes but then I snap out of it. She probably thinks I'm weird.

"So, where are we going?" she asks me.

"It's a surprise," I tell her. I want to see her face when I surprise her with a trip to the rollerskating rink. I haven't been in a long time, and as I got to know Leiah, I don't think that she's roller skated before. I mean, she hasn't even been to a rally before we took her a while ago; I have to help her out.

As we're riding to the rollerskating rink, we start to converse about movies, and then we start talking about Disney, which helps me relax and enjoy my time with her. I look over at her smiling and I smile at her, glad that I finally asked her out and we now have some time alone to spend together. We soon arrive at the rink and I go over to her side of the car and open it for her. Girls love a gentleman, and I want Leiah to have the total package today. I close to door and I walk a little ahead of her to lead her to the place. Once we reach the entrance, I turn towards her.

"We're here. Close your eyes," I say.

She looks up into my eyes then smiles. She then closes her eyes and I stare at her face for a second. I have to hold in my urge to kiss her, but it is so hard. I quickly turn behind her and I come close enough to her that I can smell the fruity perfume she has on. I place my hands over her eyes and I guide her through the doors as a gush of hot air blows on us. I then stop and all of a sudden she leans back on my chest. OH MY GOD, I think. She does not know the effect she's having on me right now, but she probably can tell because she's leaning on my chest and can probably hear my heart about to explode. I then whisper in her ear to open her eyes and when she does she pauses for a second and then looks around. Oh no, she doesn't like it, I think to myself.
I then ask her, "So whatcha think? I really didn't know if you would really like-"

"It's perfect," she interrupts.

I see her turn around at me and smile reassuring me that she's excited to be here. I give myself a mental self high five and we walk further in the rink.

When we have our shoes on, and ready to skate, I take her hands and lift her up off of the seat.

"Are you ready?" I ask her.