Chapter Fourteen

"When do you have to go home?" I asked Dennis as I lay on his bare chest on my bed.

"Well, anytime before 6. My family went out last minute shopping but I already got everything I needed. They should be home in like two hours. What about your family?"

"Well my parents are helping at this place where they provide families with Christmas Dinner, but they might get home till later,"

I checked the time. It said 3:47 pm. Time went by so fast after everyone came and opened their gifts and then time with Dennis. After our makeout session, we fell asleep and woke up not to long ago. I'm surprised my parents haven't came back yet. I try not to worry about it as I snuggle up to Dennis. I rest on my elbow looking down at him.

"You want to play Chubby Bunny? You said you'd teach me your tricks, remember?" I say smiling.

Dennis then looks up at my face and smiles back at me, "Yeah I do. I can't believe we never played. You got marshmallows?"

"Duh! Let's play! I got the huge ones,"

"Perfect."   

    We got up and went to the kitchen. I looked in the pantry while Dennis got some bowls.

"Just in case you spit up,"

I rolled my eyes and laughed. I look for the marshmallows and them  divide them between Dennis and I.

"Ok, first step is to make the marshmallow as small as you can in your mouth," he says stuffing the marshmallow in the back of his mouth. I try to put it back in my mouth, but it won't stay.

"Chubby Bunny!" I mumble softly. I eat the marshmallow and say, "This is difficult!"

"Babe, no you have to squish it more!" Dennis tells me stuffing another in his mouth.

We're playing Chubby Bunny for at least thirty more minutes and I can only put three in my mouth where Dennis has six. I spit the gooey marshmallows in the bowl and throw it away.

"Well, at least I got more than my last game of Chubby Bunny," I tell Dennis as he throws his away.

"Well three is more than I thought you were going to get,"

"What do you mean! How many did you think I was going to do?"

He turns his face to the side hiding his smile then looks back at me. "Remember when you told me you played and got two? Well I thought you were going to spit up at two but when you got that third one, I was impressed!"

I laugh at him rolling my eyes. "Well I proved you wrong!"

    I put away the marshmallows and go to sit on the couch. Dennis follows me and wraps his arms around me.

"What do you want to do now?" I ask him.

"Well, I do have a couple of ideas," he smiles at me, "But since I taught you Chubby Bunny, will you give me an art lesson like you promised?"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that too! Ok, well let's go to my art studio," I jump off of the couch and grab Dennis's hand and guide him to my room.

"Just let me get my stuff," I tell him grabbing brushes, paint, paper, and more materials I have in my drawer.

Dennis grabs his shirt from the bed and puts it on. I hand him some of the materials and he carries them out of my room.

"Wow Leiah, how much stuff do you need?" he asks laughing.

"A good artist never has too many materials. Also, this isn't even half of it. I have more in my closet, but you're a beginner, so I won't take it all out," I reply.