Chapter Six

"So, you're going right?" Antoinette asks me as she gets some goldfish out of her pantry and pours me some in a napkin.

"Yeah, I decided to go after talking to Leo,"

"Leo? Oh, that guy on the football team," she blushes.

I look at her. What is she hiding?

"What?" I ask her.
"Nothing," She pours herself some too. "Great! I can drive you if you want. This is going to be so much fun Leiah!"

"Well I thought might as well since I don't have anything else to do,"

"Oh aren't you in the school spirit," she says sarcastically.

"Oh can't you tell?"

"It's seeping off of you! Your shining so bright, it's blinding!" She screams with laughter.

"Oh Ant, you're too much!"

We're then laughing, eating the rest of the bag of Goldfish.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Is it normally this packed?" I ask Antoinette as we grab a seat in the middle of the bleachers at the football stadium.

"Yeah. pretty much. Everyone goes to the rallies!" she replies.

"Umm... Ant, why are we sitting by the football players?"

"Girl, I'm sitting you by your man," she laughs. "Now where is he?"

Antionette scans the stadium, then she points over near the concession stand.

"Oh! There he is right over there."

I turn and I see Dennis standing with some guys laughing. I smile to myself looking at how perfect he looks. Then I start to frown as I see a group of girls go up to the guys and give them hugs. When the girls hug Dennis, I feel a pain in my stomach. He hugs them back and they all start talking. One of the guys still holds one of the girls to his side.

"Oh, jealous much?" Antoinette asks me.

"Nahh," I reply. "Let's get this thing over with so I can go home and sleep."

"Sometimes Leiah, I don't know why I hang out with you,"

"Because you love me," I smile at her.

"Yeah, I guess so. That's the only reason I spend long hours keeping up with your stressful life,"

We're laughing when Leo comes up and sits by Antoinette.

"Hey babe," he grabs Antoinette by the hip and pulls her close to him.

"Oh gosh Leo, get off!" Antoinette screams laughing, pushing Leo off of her.

"I want to know why you didn't call me after Dennis's party,"

"I had to leave-"

"Wait," I interrupt. "That was you?"

"Yeah, it was. When you were talking about the party in History, I didn't want to tell you. I was kind of embarrassed that Antionette ditched me that night when everything was going so perfect," He grabs her again and puts her on his lap.

Antionette squeals and laughs. I totally didn't even know that they were an item.

I also can't believe that that was Leo there. I thought that that guy was really desperate and a loser, and now that I know it's Leo, I can't help but laugh.

I turn around, and I see Dennis coming up to us. He keeps his eyes locked on mine as he gives some more handshakes and hugs making his way through the crowd. I see Antoinette and Leo looking at him as he comes over here.