Chapter TwentyFive

After three days in the hospital, Dennis was feeling better and he got to leave. I rode with him to his house and helped him get into bed. He took some painkillers to help him sleep. I tucked him in and talked to him until he fell asleep. I drove back home playing music and actually singing along. I get to my house and parked my car in the driveway. I opened the front door and find my mom on the couch reading a book to Sophia.

"Hey Leiah, how was Dennis?" she asks me.

"He's really better now. I talked to him as he fell asleep. The doctor said that he should get some more rest for this rest of the week. I'm going to go check on him after school so I'll be home late," I reply.

"That's fine. I love how you two are back together"

"Yeah, me too," I say smiling.

I go to my room and start on my homework. I can barely focus because I'm too happy right now. Dennis and I are back on speaking terms and it has lightened my mood by a lot. Even Ricky noticed when I went back to school last Monday.

"Leiah, why do you look like you're glowing? You do know that Dennis was in a severe accident a couple of days ago,"

"Yes, of course I know. I was there. But no, I talked to him,"

"As he was unconscious,"

I look at him laughing. He has a smile on his face. I continue, "I told him everything,"

"But..."

"There's no but, that's it. We're talking again,"

"Ok, well great. I'm glad you guys are back!"

"He awakened and we talked and made up, with a little make out session before our friends walked in on us,"

Ricky laughed. "That's really funny,"

So as word got around that Dennis was feeling better, and we were back together, people started to talk about us. We were back as the hot new topic that everyone knew about. I don't even know how people knew we made up at the hospital, but I'm pretty sure it was Antoinette that told people. I didn't care what people were saying, all I cared about was seeing Dennis after school. Once the bell rung, I ran out to my car and drove to Dennis's house. I rang the doorbell and his mother opened it.

"Hey Leiah, Dennis is up in his room," she tells me.

"Thanks," I say smiling as I walk up the stairs to his room.

I go up to his room and open the door. He turns around holding a shirt in his hand. I look at his nice body and sigh.

Oh how I've missed his body, I think. He smiles at me and walks to me and grabs my hand pulling me inside his room. He closes the door.

"I was getting dressed," he says.

"I see. You gonna put your shirt on?" I ask.

"Not just yet," he says throwing his shirt on his bed and wrapping his arms around me. "You don't realize how long I've missed you,"

"Dennis, you should be resting,"

"I've rested enough. All I want is you,"

I smile, "But your mom is downstairs,"

"And my dad, and Noah,"

"We can't, we shouldn't," I laugh.

He kisses me then I break away. I look towards his door.

"What If someone walks in?" I ask him.

"Well they're going to have to enjoy the show," Dennis slurs.