Chapter TwentyNine

Friday finally came and I was really excited about what was in store for us. Of what Antoinette would tell me what her previous senior friends would say, was that Senior Night is really fun! She would go on and on about how we would ride all the rides and even try to pick up guys from another school. I would laugh at her and tell her that she can't do that because then who would I hang out with. Now we both have boyfriends and amazing new friends. I think about all of this to try to get Dennis leaving off of my mind. I played it happy at school, then once I got home I cried again. My mom thought that Dennis had broken up with me.

"What happened Leiah! Did he break up with you? I never really liked him anyways," she would say.

"No mom! He's going to UF,"

"What's that?"
"The University of Florida. He's playing football over there,"

"Oh sweetheart," she said coming over to me and holding me close to her as I cried again.

I think it's going to take some time, but I just can't get over him leaving. It just sounds too surreal, but when he finally leaves I think that's when I'm going to start to believe it. I don't want to think about it, I think as I get into Dennis's car.

"Got everything?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready!"

"Great!"

"So where are we going to be putting our things when we're at school?"

"There's reserved lockers for us to put our stuff in. Someone suggested a room, but people's things could get lost or stolen, so I suggested lockers,"

"You're very proud of that huh?"

"So proud!" he laughs and I laugh with him.

He grabs my hand and drives to Starbucks.

"Coffee?"

"Yes please. A frappuccino, I don't care what,"

He nods with a smile and gets out of the car. As I watch him go inside I sigh, thinking of how I'm going to miss that smile on his face. How I'm going to miss him holding my hand and kissing me with those lips that I can't get enough of. I lean back on the head rest, and just enjoy the moment of silence. Who knew that me, Leiah Cartwright, would be in a situation like this. Maybe the world has a different plan for us all, and this is mine and I'm going to face and conquer it.

Once Dennis comes back, he opens the door and gives me my drink with my name written with sharpie on the side.

"Why thankyou, what is it?"

"Chocolate Cookie Crumble Frap," he says.

"Oh, sounds good," I say taking a sip.

And it was good. I smile thinking that he remembered how much I love cookies and creme.

"It was the closest thing to cookies and creme I could get,"

"Thanks, it's really good. What did you get?"

"Caramel Ribbon Crunch,"

"Sounds fancy,"

"It's good, here try it," He gives me his drink and I drink some.

It was really good. I give back to him and say, "Next time, you have to get me that one,"

He looks at me and smiles, "Yeah, okay."

At school we get our things and go over to the locker to lock our stuff together. Well that's what I thought but both of our things together just didn't fit so we found lockers right next to each other. Once we start to leave we saw Aiden and Giselle putting their things away.