Chapter 2. Easy on the beer

Diane and Mick Warner, Cody's parents, were sitting in their newly refurbished kitchen and were having a delicious dinner when Cody entered through the door, leisurely stepping into their home.

His mother put her knife and fork down and stood up," Cody darling, how nice of you to come by and visit us." The undertone of irony did not pass Cody by, as he knew they thought he visited them and their house, his childhood home, much to seldom, "Would you like something to eat?" her eyes searched him up and down.

Cody had a quick deliberation within himself about the answer to that, knowing all too well that he actually did not visit often enough, and he mumbled hoarsely "Yes, please. I'll take a bite." the sound of his voice a little contrite, "Then me and the boys will head to 'The Pint' later on. ."

He withdrew one of the chairs from under the table and took a seat opposite his father as his mother Diane put a plate, fork, knife and a glass in front of him. He glared around in the kitchen. They had finally done something with it, he realized with a silent and amused snort. He wondered how long it would take to do the rest of the house.

"Go easy on the beer will ya',"his father prompted and gave him what was supposed to be a stern look,"The other night all hell broke loose in one of the other bars."

Oh, the 'Go easy on the beer and do not fight' talk. Cody started to eat.

"Yeah, I heard about that."Cody then muttered absentmindedly between his chews. Bar brawls wasn't something unusual, it sort of came with the territory of having bar nights."We'll take it easy, you know it." The irony dripping from that was not hidden.

Diane looked with admiration on her gorgeous son, she thought of him to be the most precious thing she had in this world. He was like a copy of his old man, although more good looking. Diane smiled a little at the thought.

She was very proud of him, even though she could do without all the rumors about all the women and the girls that surrounded him. Well, that HE surrounded himself with.

She knew that most girls in town wanted her son. They practically drooled over him openly. She disliked most of them, but she had always liked Marla, she was a pretty girl. A decent girl.

Why on earth they had broken up, she had no clue.

And she had been forbearing with most of the girls even though she disliked them, but when it came to be more a rule than an exception that they started coming around claiming her son to be the father of their children, Diane had drawn the line. Needless to say, none of them were right. Her son was a cautious knight in shining armor.

Diane sighed with motherly pride and her eyes caressed him as he sat there by her table.

Mick on the other hand had a more reality-based view on his own son. A guy in the prime of his life, who wallowed in women and indulged himself to the best parts they had to offer. Tits and ass.

He knew the kid had inherited his own appetite for women, his good looks making it very easy for him, almost ridiculously easy.

The fact that he also was very intelligent, made him extremely popular among the women. Mick grinned inwardly, he knew Cody could easily get laid by just talking his way into a girl's panties. . . just like that.

"Okay. ."Mick said smiling, "Are you taking your car or your bike, or . . ?"

Cody chuckled low in his throat. "We'll be walking, because we intend to get shit drunk as usual."