Chapter 15. Stop the bloody echo!

Damn it! Could the timing possibly by any chance suck even more?

Cody pressed his lips into a thin aggravating line and he closed his eyes cursing inside.

He could not even come up with bad enough words to express the awful and sickening feeling he felt inside of him.

Son of a bi. . . He knew for sure that Laura probably thought the worst, and he could not blame her now,  could he? It looked really BAD.

But he had not been cheating on her.

Well, not really.

Or had he?

Gah! He actually loathed himself at this moment.

The only thing he'd done was that he had allowed Karen to go down on him. And not even that he had been able to follow through because of the feelings he had for Laura.

Damn, this really looked bad as hell, and he knew it. He knew by the look he had seen in Laura's eyes, that she was convinced that he had banged Karen for all that he was worth.

He was  so utterly and completely fucked, that it was just ridiculous.

Giving Karen a suppressed morose stare, he opened the door on the passenger side to her, letting her step inside the car. Closing the door, he swore silently to himself. Serves you right, you stupid, mindless fucker! You've on your own accord managed to chase away the only person that matters to you.

He stepped into the car and started it up, turning his eyes to Karen.

"I'm giving you a lift home, but I can't stay. I've got to take care of something" he murmured and then turned his gaze forward as they drove off.

Yeah, like trying to placate Laura the best you can, idiot!

Cody was seething inside, cursing his own bad timing to hell.

If she will even talk to you, let alone acknowledge your existence, after what you've done, you'd be a lucky bastard.

~ ~ ~

When Laura came home and stepped inside her house, she slammed the door shut so hard it almost came off its hinges. She was so raging mad. . .and heartbroken.

It felt awful, and she just wanted to scream out loud. Why the hell was she feeling this way?

A knife had been forced into her heart and then been twisted around viciously. And Cody was the one holding it.

Without knowing it she had been kicking the chairs in the kitchen and shoving them around loudly over the floor, but she slowly became aware as she looked up and spotted Lance and Phil standing in the doorway looking oddly at her.