Chapter 14. Oh Please ground, swallow me up!

Laura sat rigid in the chair, trying to smile as unaffected as possible as she looked around in the room and around the table at the others. Under the table she had for the umpteenth time removed Neal's hand from her thigh. His earlier relaxed facial expression turning more strained and grim for each and every time she did it.

Laura started to feel uncomfortable. And nervous.

Slowly she stood up and excused herself.

"I just need some air. I will be right back."

Kay wrinkled his forehead as he watched Laura walk out on the patio, then his eyes turned to Neal's.

"Problems?"

Neal shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head.

"Not that I know of. . "

Kay then gave Neal a sly smile. "Then this might be a hint of some kind, man. Go out to her."

Wasting no time, Neal stood up and walked out on the patio, closing the door behind him.

Laura turned around as she heard the door close, giving out a silent sigh as she saw Neal walk towards her.

Thankfully he stopped an arm length away from her.

Slowly and with deliberate strokes, he rubbed his own chin as he looked at her.

"Why Laura?"

Laura stared at him , her eyes wondering. "What do you mean, Neal? "she asked.

"Am I coming on to hard or what?" his voice slowly taking on a harsher tone, "You've pushed me away like about a hundred times already."

Oh, that!

Laura took a deep breath.

"Sorry, Neal. But I don't feel comfortable being felt up in front of other people. . "she looked up at him, her eyes searching his face.

The next second his face split in a devilish grin as he moved forward and grabbed her around her waist.

"Soo, you like it better out here, huh?" he laughed low as he lowered his face to hers to give her a kiss. What the hell was he doing?

Laura quickly turned her head, making the kiss end up on her cheek. "Please Neal. . don't!"

Neal's eyes hardened.

"Are you playing hard to get?" he hissed as his grip hardened too. "Don't do that, not with me. It's just so darn stupid. .and cliche, baby."