Chapter 5. That would probably turn some heads.

He reached for her hand and took a steady hold around it, his fingers folding around hers.

Laura swallowed and smiled an unsure smile, feeling a slight panic rising within her. "O- Okay, but I have to tell Frances to take over first." Her inside hoping that Frances would not show up at all.

And as if fate and almost everything else in the bloody world were against her, Frances materialized behind the bar the next second, giving Laura a sincere smile.

With an unseen gesture to the DJ, Cody made sure he got the song he wanted as he steered Laura out onto the dance floor. The second after, the first tones from 'Trying not to love you' could be heard from the speakers.

Laura trembled inside as she watched Cody closing in, and the next second he enveloped his arms around her. Steady, Cody drew her even closer as his eyes never left hers, and he groaned silently inside as he thought about the lyrics to the song. Says it for me, he thought, most of it anyway.

Oh my god, he wanted to just consume every inch of her, and he wanted to do it now. To bad the circumstances were not the best. Seemed like all of his kinsfolk were at this party to celebrate his old man. Distractedly he wondered what would happen if he just would not give a shit and instead act upon his urge to kiss her. A shadow of a smile crept over his lips. That would probably turn some heads.

Holding her close like he did he knew that she had to be aware of his arousal, he was packing heat like never before.

Thinking back, he realized it was ages ago that he had been this turned on.

He also feared that he would need to hold on to her a little bit longer than this song, or else everybody in here would also be aware of his 'excitement'. In silent agony he wondered if she would mind him holding on a little bit longer.

His heart was beating ferociously in his chest and his breathing became more and more uneven as he gently brushed away some strands of hair from her neck to imbibe her scent.

Her scent was divine. Intoxicating.

Laura felt, with growing panic, Cody's warm breath on her neck. Then adding more to that panic, she felt her own lust and desire increase. My God, was that his lips just brushing slightly against her neck? Oh crap! What was she going to do? Right now, her own body felt like a traitor.

She could feel his heart beat against her own chest, and it was beating just as fast as her own.

Or was she just imagining it?

It would be just plain crazy to think that he would be affected.

Suddenly he raised his head and gazed deep into her eyes with his smoldering look. He did not say a thing, not a word, he just observed her with his burning eyes. His face all serious looking.

Oh Christ! This was just too much, Laura had to turn her eyes away quickly, and she knew that she by doing so, more or less had revealed herself to Cody somehow. He must surely be wondering.

With a smug grin Cody carefully brushed his lips slightly against her neck again as he firmly pressed her harder against his chest.

Now he was as confident as he could get. She did feel something. He knew that she did, her reaction told him so. Her eyes spoke volumes too. Oh, those eyes of hers.