Chapter 31. Caught up in your web.

Yes, I finally managed another update.  This chapter has quite a steamy tone to it, I hope you all have the nerves to follow through. And I also hope you will have the nerves to vote and comment to let me know what you think about it.

Good reading to you all. . .

1 week later.

Cody sat on the edge of the bed with his hands clasped hard together. His jaw was rigid, clenched tight, and he tried to compose himself, tried to calm down, in order not to explode with anger and fury.

That was what he had been doing for each and every day this last week. Literally.

Every now and then he glanced over his shoulder at Laura. HIS beautiful woman. She was sound asleep, lying peacefully on her bed.

Every damn time he thought of what that bastard Neal had done to her, he almost blew a gasket. He saw red, and it took him all of his concentration and willpower not to march over to the hospital and cut the bastards balls off. God how satisfying that would be . . . and then he would kill him . . . slowly. Too bad there were two officers on guard outside his hospital room day and night. It did not take a genius to figure out that Kay knew how Cody felt and what he wanted to do to Neal.

Officer Kay had been devastated when he had received the call from Laura that night, and what she had to tell him almost gave him a heart attack.

The thing that was eating at Cody however, was the fact that he had not been there for Laura. She had been forced to fight Neal all alone. He sighed.

And fought him she had done.

Slowly a shadow of a smile crept over his lips.  God, he was proud of her. She had done really well.  He just wished that she could have done an even better job and actually done the deed and castrated the s.o.b.

He gave Phil and Marla some thought. They too had experienced a rough week as Marla had been a complete wreck after that night with Neal. Phil had acted the same way as he had, supportive and patient, watching over his woman day and night and he had showered her with love. But there had been no sex. None.

Cody was starving for Laura. But he did not want to rush her. Almost being raped had given her nightmares, and he had slept over every night just to be able to hold her and comfort her. He gazed over her sleeping form with growing lust and sighed. She was so beautiful.

He chuckled silently as he thought about the power she held over him. He would do just about anything for her. Anything! And everything.

He felt Laura stir next to him, and he glanced down at her. Blinking, she met his gaze and smiled a little.

“What’s so funny?” she whispered and turned on her back, her eyes sparkling at  him.

Cody felt his lower parts stir and come to life as he shifted on the bed to come face to face with her.

“I am, “ he confessed and gave her a lopsided grin, “I just realized how caught up in your web I actually am.”

“My web?” Laura said with a small laugh.

“Yes. I’m forever stuck, “ he murmured and leaned down to her, placing a tender kiss on her lips.

Laura parted her lips to allow entrance, but he drew back slowly, making her frown.