Chapter 28. I just had a realization.

Okay! Another chapter for all of you to read. I hope you'll all enjoy it. Give me some feedback on what you think. . .vote and comment, and I will do my very best to improve.

Hugs to all of you!

Laura sat on her bed in her bed room, staring into the wall. Her eyes had serious problems fixing on that special spot on the wall that she'd picked out. Why she stared at it , she did not know.

She felt numb. Maybe it was just the heavy painkillers that were getting the best of her. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand in a sloppy gesture, rolling her eyes. She almost felt drunk.

In the far distance, she could hear the boys and Cody talk in the kitchen. In fact, she also thought that Diane was still around, and that it was her they were talking to. God, how she wished she was a fly on her own kitchen wall. Or better yet, a wasp so she could fly and land on Diane's nose and sting her silly.

But she had been told by both Cody and the boys to stay in her room, and as she felt right now, that was probably a good idea.

Never before had she felt an urge to slug someone. But now she did.

The ride home had been fast and a little awkward, she remembered. Cody had picked her up just minutes after that awful phone call from Neal. And due to her medication, she could easily disguise her mood about it. It had not been too hard.

She never told him about it, and now she sat there biting her lip, debating with herself whether it was a bad move or not.

It was enough of a mess with Diane now, and she did not want to bother him with an even bigger mess. She  realized that she had three of the most hot blooded and hotheaded guys in town in her house, and knowing all of them too well, she knew it would probably be a bad move telling them about it.

A huge sigh left her lips. She was so up to her neck fed up with being the punching bag, that she could scream. Damn it! She would not take it anymore.

Her hand fumbled over her mouth and jaw as she thought about it. Every now and then she grimaced at her own rough grip, and her movements seemed to be going in slow-motion. I have to ask the nurse what he gave me, she thought, this is good stuff! I could get used to this.

With a wry smile on her lips, she fell backwards on her bed and kept on staring up in the ceiling. Everything was spinning around her, and she giggled loudly as she held on tight to the bed cover.

Shit! Maybe she was going to fall off her bunk after all. Wonder what the nurse would make of that?

Closing her eyes hard she tried to stop the spinning, and when it subsided a little she fell asleep in a matter of seconds, snoring loudly.

~   ~   ~ 

Cody leaned on both of his elbows on the table as he stared his mother down. Lance and Phil also sat by the table, gazing at her.

Cody had spent the last half hour interrogating his mother, and it had not been pretty. Even Lance and Phil thought that he was a bit too hard on her. But wisely they had kept their mouths shut about it.

They had rarely seen him this angry before. Come to think of it, Lance could only recall one time before, and that had been when one poor guy accidentally had tipped his Harley over at the Pints parking lot. That time Lance had thought that Cody could actually have killed the guy on the spot.

Now he saw and heard that Cody was fighting his temper back with all that he had, and the guy was talking to his own mother for crying out loud, and the topic of conversation was their mother.