Chapter 13. Kissable? Oh certainly yes!

Next morning Laura woke up with a profound bad conscious tapping her on her shoulder. She rubbed her jaw and sighed deeply. How could she have done what she did to Cody?

With shaky legs she sat herself up on the side of the bed and looked straight out into nothingness. My god. . .what had she done?

The last thing she remembered was giving Neal a chaste kiss on the cheek and agreeing to go on a date with him, and the look she  received from Cody as she had done that, was pure hostile. He looked mad as hell.

Laura shivered slightly.

She stood up and walked out into the kitchen. Every muscle in her body protested. It was like there was total anarchy in her body. Everything felt wrong to her. . .every move.

Taking a new deep breath, she tried to defy the strong emotions within her. Why in the world was she feeling his way?

Cody was a kid. Wasn't he? Just a boy?

Grabbing a spoon to fill her cup with coffee powder, she shook her head.

No fuckin' way! He wasn't a kid.

She had experienced that more than once by now, thank you very much. . . his skills in bed and the size of his power tool, making her wish for nothing more. Cody was definitely not a kid nor just a boy, he was a fully grown man.

Wonderful tingles traveled through her body as she thought of him. It was ages since anybody  made her feel like he did.

Shit. . as she thought about it, not even Lance's and Phil's father had made her feel like Cody made her feel.

Damn him and his skills in bed.

She sat herself down by the kitchen table with her coffee-cup in hand, and she clenched her jaw tight.

She despised herself for being so lame. And for feeling the way she did.

There was no way in hell, that what she and Cody had would ever be accepted.

She just knew it. Hell, she would be an outcast the moment the shit would hit the fan.

She could not let this go on.

But god, she wanted it to.  And she wanted it badly.

~ ~ ~

Stepping out from the shower, Cody took a long hard look at himself in the huge bathroom mirror.

Small drops of water trickling down his taut and perfect sculpted body, his hair perfect even though it looked all wet and tousled.