Chapter 16. You are MINE. You hear me? MINE!

Seconds passed by, as well as minutes. Then when he was about to give up and rise up to standing, he heard a door slowly open, making a faint squeaky noise, and just a few seconds later he could spot the dark shadow of Laura as she silently tiptoed past the living room heading into the kitchen.

Not wasting any second, Cody took the opportunity and stalked out from the living room and quickly slipped into her bedroom, hiding himself behind the door, his back up flush against the wall.

God, he really felt like the intruder he was. What if she would kick him out? No! That was really NOT an option he would accept.

Laura stood with her back against the counter with a glass of water in her hand, and she was shaking. Staring blankly in front of her in the dark kitchen, she shook her head in despair.

Why was she so bothered with the fact that she'd seen Cody together with somebody else?

Duh! Maybe because the simple fact that you ARE in love with him, you sucker.

Again she shook her head. She could not be in love. . .she just couldn't.

Especially not with her sons best friend. A guy so much younger. It was not allowed. It was just stupid. And it was crazy.

A small chuckle escaped her lips, but is was a sad chuckle, one which originated both from her broken heart and her confused mind.

She really was in deep shit now, the sane part of her head told her. Do NOT listen to that messed up heart you've got. You hear me? Or I will make you suffer like you have never suffered before.

Gulping down the rest of what was left of the water, she then placed the empty glass on the counter.

Ha, unbelievable. Was it really like that now? She was actually threatening herself.

God, how embarrassingly lame of her.

Her hand swept across the counter slowly and she got a fleeting look in her eyes.

Not too long ago. . .

She looked at the kitchen door. When she'd locked herself into her bedroom, listening to the boys in the kitchen, it felt like hours before she'd heard Cody open the door and leave. And even after that, she'd been hesitant to open her own door to go out to get a glass of water. She was scared stiff when she realized how much he affected her. And being able to get some sleep was out of the question.

Slowly and with heavy steps she walked back to her room, got inside and closed the door gently.

Next thing she knew, she was grabbed firmly around her waist from behind and pulled back against a solid, muscular and warm chest, and before she knew it a strong hand flew up to cover her mouth.