| 5 |

{ Ruby }

I was working on my homework when I got a text message. I put my pencil down and looked at the screen. It was Blake. Seeing that she sent me a message made me smile a bit.

'Hey Ruby.' ~ Blake

I decided to send her a reply. What harm could there be from talking to her? 'Hey Blake.'

'What are you up to?'

'Homework... I wish I wasn't though. What about you?'

'Work.'

'Wait, you're texting me while you're at work? Are you sure that's a good idea?'

'My boss doesn't really care. Weiss does it all the time when it's slow.'

'Okay... I just don't want you to get in trouble and lose your job.'

'Thanks for the concern Ruby. I could honestly care less if I lose my job here. It's rather boring.'

'Really? I thought that it would something fun.'

'Not really. I mainly just want to read.'

'I've noticed that you like to read a lot.'

'Yeah. It helps me get through the day and all.'

'Oh, by the way, thanks for helping me today around school.'

'No problem. I'm still surprised that you came in as a junior rather than a freshman.'

'Yeah...' I started to frown. I'm a junior at the age of fifteen. Like that isn't awkward?

'You okay?'

'I don't know honestly.'

'Do you want to talk about it?'