| 7 |

{ Blake }

I was anxious, like really anxious. What am I going to do? "Blake, try to relax will you? She's going to suspect something's up if you don't calm down," Weiss said to me.

"How can I Weiss? I'm going to be telling this girl how I feel, don't even know if she likes me in the same way let alone in return, and her sister has a grudge or something against me! Not to mention that she's the first person I've ever fallen for," I said anxiously, blushing with embarrassment at the end.

"Blake, you'll be fine. Just pull her aside when you get the chance when Yang isn't around and tell her." I sighed and rested my forehead on the palms of my hands. Weiss chuckled and smiled. "You can do this. I know you can."

"Thanks Weiss." Then the bell rang. I went in search for Ruby. Hopefully I can find her before she meets up with Yang. Then I had finally caught sight of her. "Ruby," I called after.

"Oh, hey Blake." Her smile was brighter than ever, really bringing out her silver pools. "What's up?"

"Uh, I... Can we talk somewhere," I asked. I sounded like an idiot! What am I doing?!

"Yeah sure. Is everything okay? You seem a little on edge." I'm screwed. I so totally screwed up. I sighed and grabbed her hand, pulling her along until we got to the girls' restroom. I knew the part of this restroom where no one goes, a perfect spot to have this conversation. "Uh, Blake? What are we doing in the restroom?"

I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. I let go of her hand as I tried to figure out what to say next. Without even thinking straight, I turned around to face her, holding her face gently as I placed my lips upon hers. After a few seconds I pulled away, immediately backing up against the wall. My face was burning from blushing in embarrassment. "Ruby, I... I'm sorry!" I hugged myself and looked to the floor in shame. I was shaking. What was she going to say? Did I just ruin our friendship? Is she just going to stand there and say nothing? What is she going to do?!

"Blake, look at me," Ruby said softly. I was too afraid. I felt like she was going to be angry with me after what just happened. "Blake?" Suddenly her hand came under my chin, lifting my head up just enough for our eyes to lock onto each other.

"I'm sorry Ruby... I-I shouldn't have done that. I'm so stupid for even thinking that this would turn out better." I actually started crying from getting so worked up.

"There's nothing to be sorry about Blake and you're not stupid. Yes it was a surprise but a good one."

"Wait, r-really," I stuttered. Ruby smiled and nodded. Her lips met mine again. After about a minute, it was broken. I just stared at her in disbelief. The young girl began to wipe my eyes from my tears. Her touch, it was so gentle and soft. "Then does this mean we're something more?"

"Yes Blake. We're more than just friends now. Now you're my girlfriend." I hugged Ruby and she hugged me back. My heart swelled with blissful joy. "Now, how about we go get some lunch? We already know that Yang and Weiss will be wondering where we've been this whole time." I smiled softly and kissed her again before we left the secluded section. We tried to mask our overload of happiness so no one, especially Yang, notices that something has developed between the two of us.

"There you guys are! What took you so long to get here," Yang demanded.

"We stayed to talk to one of our teachers about something. Sorry," Ruby slyly said. She's good at coming up with things on the spur of the moment. Weiss looked at me and knew instantly, but keeping her mouth shut about it. We knew that Yang definitely isn't fond of me. It's better not to say anything about our new relationship. Yang shot a look in my direction. Yep, she absolutely hates my guts for some reason. What did I even do to piss her off so much and cause her to dislike me? I was quiet during lunch, trying my best to hide all of the excitement that I have buzzing around inside. Weiss handed me a little note so we could talk about this without verbally saying it.

"What happened?"

I grabbed a pencil out of my bag and wrote a reply. "Ended up getting myself embarrassed from kissing her. I wasn't even thinking straight when I did it. But it worked. It's official."

When Weiss read my reply, she tried to contain her excitement. Yang was looking between the two of us, trying to figure out what was going on. "So Blake, why do you hang out with my sister so much," the blonde questioned, getting suspicious.

"Because we're friends. Is that a problem for your sister and I to be good friends?" I already knew where this was starting to go. If I could figure it out, so could Weiss and Ruby.

"No, I just think you're getting too close to her. I swear, if you try to pull anything on her, you're going to have to deal with me. Got it?" Her eyes turned red. I've never seen her eyes change like that. I felt intimidated instantly. I nodded without a second thought. "I don't trust you. I've seen how you look at her and I don't like it." Okay, a bit protective much? What's with this girl? Maybe Ruby can tell me later.

"I get it. Don't do anything unless I'm asking for a fight." I put my hands up, expressing my fear from her appearance. Then her eyes returned to that soft lilac hue. I took out my book after that, hoping that by reading I can calm down.

"The kitchen was warm, smelling of brown sugar, chocolate chips, and butter. I was making cookies with the excuse that they would soften Al up, but the reality was, I wanted Jenks to have a chance to get excessively warm. The ride home had been bitterly cold, and though he'd never admit it, Jenks was almost blue by the time Ivy parked her cycle in the garden shed and I hustled into the church with him. His kids had long since tired of playing in the oven's updrafts, but he was still in here, his wings slowly moving back and forth.

As expected, a atone-faced I.S. agent had been waiting for us when we cycles in, silently taking his copy of the AMA and driving off. If not for that stupid piece of paper, I'd be back in the hospital under guard, but as it was, I was pulling the last tray of cookies out and feeling better. Tired, but..."

"Time to head to class, Blake," Weiss said as she got my attention. I put my book away and headed off to my next class, pre-calculus to be exact and it's the only class that Ruby and I don't share. I was stuck with her sister though.

{ Ruby }

I didn't understand why Yang hated Blake so much. Blake did nothing wrong to cause my sister to hate her. The walk home from school was silent. That is, until Yang said something. "Has Blake pulled anything on you?"

"What? No! Blake and I are just good friends. Nothing more Yang. Why do you hate her so much? She's a nice person!"

"It's because I've seen people like her before and all they do is take what they want and then throwing it away once they get bored of it. I don't need my baby sister to get caught up with a person like her."

"She's not like that Yang. If you get to know her, you'll see that she's a kind person." Yang grumbled and went silent again, keeping this tensed expression on her face. I sighed. I wish that Yang would just try to get to know her like I have.

***

Excerpt in italics is from the book White Witch, Blake Curse written by Kim Harrison.