| 6 |

{ Blake }

I was working on my pre-calculus homework at nine o'clock at night. I was exhausted from a long day at school and a slow shift at work. That was when a certain girl popped into y head again. I groaned and tried to focus on my homework. Every few minutes she came back to mind. This was getting frustrating. I just want to work on my homework and head to bed. That's it! I can't take it anymore. I grabbed my phone and called Weiss. If I don't talk about this now, then I'm going to go insane. "Hello," my friend greeted.

"Weiss, can we talk about something," I asked.

"Sure. What's bothering you?"

"I can't stop thinking about Ruby." I felt so stupid for being head over heels for some girl.

"You're in love," Weiss teased.

"Shut up! This is serious! I can't even do my homework because she keeps popping into my head every few minutes!"

"Blake, just admit it. You love her."

"Alright, fine. Yes I love her! Happy now?"

"Yes. Why don't you tell her how you feel?"

"Uh because her sister would kill me if I even tried anything."

"Don't let that stop you from getting your little piece of happiness. Yang can't control everything. She can't control you."

"But she scares me!"

"Scaredy cat!"

"Weiss, what have I told you about the cat jokes and references?"

"Hey, I'm making my point with you. You're letting your fear consume you to prevent you from getting to where you want to be."

"Grr, you can be so annoying at times."

"I know but it makes you smile sometimes."

"Alright, you have a point. So what should I do about Ruby?"

"Tell her how you feel when you get the chance without Yang being there." I was a bit wary.

"Okay. I'll tell her tomorrow."

"You'll be fine Blake. I believe in you. This is the happiest I've seen you in a long time."

"Thanks Weiss. I'm glad that you helped me with this. Now maybe I can actually get my homework done."

"Hey that's what friends are for. See you tomorrow Blake."

"See you tomorrow." We ended the call and I returned to my homework. At least I was able to focus on my homework now. However, that bliss didn't seem to last long enough. I could hear my parents again. I groaned again. I quickly finished my homework and went to bed, trying to block their voices out from their romantic engagement.

For the rest of the night, all I thought about was Ruby and her silver eyes. The thought of her made me have a peaceful sleep and a smile gently pulling at my lips during the entire night.