| 14 |

{ Blake }

This pain is becoming unbearable! It's been nearly two weeks since this first started. Ruby still tries to talk to me but I refuse to say anything in reply. I want to talk to her so badly. Even kiss her again! It's six in the morning on a Wednesday. Mom and dad should be waking up soon. I hope that I don't. I don't want to wake up again just to live through another day of unbearable pain. So there I was, growing weaker as the time slipped away. This is all I could do to end my suffering. If I can't be with Ruby, then what's the point to stay around? Any minute now, I'm going to fall unconscious. Mom knocked on the door. No, please don't come in now. Let this finish! Let this end! Let me go. "Blake, are you up yet? You're going to be late for school," she said. Obviously I didn't answer her. That was when I fell unconscious, meeting the floor with a soft thud. The last thing I heard was mom freaking out. Maybe I can finally go in peace. Maybe I won't have to deal with anymore of this agonizing pain. Now that would be nice.

Although, my wish wasn't granted. I woke up in the hospital, my wrists wrapped up. Mom and dad were in the room, asleep in two chairs by the bedside. How long have I been here? Mom woke up and saw that I was finally awake. "Don't do that again sweetie. We nearly lost you." Dad woke up from hearing mom's voice. I couldn't look at them. How could I? I just tried to kill myself because I can't take this anymore! "Blake, look at us," mom asked softly. I was reluctant but I did anyways. What choice did I have now?

"You should've talked to us Blake," dad said solemnly.

"And you should've let me go," I replied weakly.

"Don't you ever say that again. We can't lose our baby girl." Mom started to cry. Her hand gently held mine, trying not to irritate my wrist. "We wouldn't forgive ourselves if we lost you," mom whimpered.

"How long have I been here," I asked solemnly.

"A day. You lost a lot of blood sweetie," dad answered. Wonderful. The whole school probably knows what happened by now. I sighed and started to fall asleep again. I was so exhausted. "We'll let you rest some more. We'll tell Weiss that she can come see you tomorrow." I didn't really want her to see me like this but I wanted to have my best friend here with me. They both kissed my forehead and left the room, closing the door behind them.

{ Ruby }

The days grew darker for me. Yang took away the best thing that's ever happened to me. Although, she didn't show up at school today. "Now you've done it Xiao Long," Weiss shouted.

"What are you even talking about, Ice Queen," my sister asked irritably.

"You hurt my best friend so much that now she's in the fucking hospital!"

"So? Why should I care?" Why does Yang have to be so cold when it comes to Blake? Weiss was ready to blow.

"You should care because she nearly died, you dunce! I nearly lost my best friend because you threatened her! You wouldn't let her have her chance at happiness! I wouldn't be surprised if Ruby is dying on the inside because she can't even be with the girl that she loves to death!" Yang growled, clenched her fists and had her eyes turn red. Yang threatened Blake? Was this why she never acknowledges me anymore, or answer my messages, or anything really?

"You know nothing about my sister! I did Ruby a favor!" She what!

"How is this doing me a favor Yang? How? Weiss is right! I am dying on the inside because I miss Blake! Thank you for taking away the one good thing that I had since we moved here," I shouted at my sister. I stormed off, more like running into the girls' restroom. I hid in the part where no one usually goes in this place. I sat on the floor, curled up in a ball, and cried my eyes out. I nearly lost Blake. I nearly lost the girl that I love so much. Yang has ruined everything! I just want to be with Blake again!

After that day, I tried to go see her but Yang wouldn't let me. She still said that she was doing me a favor. "Ruby, stop it! She's no good for you!"

"How do you know?! You don't even know her Yang! What? Are you jealous that I found someone and you haven't since we moved here?!"

"Because I know! Dad doesn't even like her!"

"Dad's hardly home to really know the full story of what's going on! Just like he was back in Florida!" Yang walked up to me, slapping me across the face. Tears formed and filled my eyes. "I just want to be happy for once! I just want to live my life! Can't I get that chance? You always get to whatever you want to do!"

"That's because I'm older and dad sees that I'm responsible unlike you," she spat back.

My tears began to fall. "I hate you! I just want to go home!"

"You are home Ruby! You can't go back to Florida anymore!"

"I want to go home! I want Blake!" Yang finally piece it together.

"No, you're not going to see her! You're staying here, doing what you need to! Forget about that stupid Faunus!" Blake wasn't stupid. She was nowhere near it.

"Mom wouldn't be like this of she was still around," I shouted and then ran up to my room. That statement hit Yang hard. She should think before treating me like a five year old kid who doesn't left from right.

"Ruby Rose! Get back here!"

"Leave me alone!"