Back in the king's halls

"I don't want to be awake."

Belegur and Riniel looked at each other before their doubtful glances turned to Elrond who nodded hesitantly.

"If this is her wish, then we will let her sleep." Elrond turned to Thranduil and motioned him to fulfill Tinnueth's desire. Thranduil was reluctant but then she had been crying for hours and was terribly exhausted. It was a truly piteous sight to see her in such a condition. The king stepped forward, making her drift out of consciousness once more. He let out a sigh when Tinnueth began to breathe peacefully and the king continued to gaze at her for several moments before he turned around and left the healers' ward followed closely by his son. Legolas followed his father for some time until he realized that the king did not walk into a specific direction. He wandered through his halls and kept silent.

"Ada?"

Thranduil stopped and looked at his son who eyed him with uncertainty.

"Are you sure that it is a good idea to let her sleep? I'm afraid it will not improve her current condition. Her wounds will certainly heal, but her mental state will not improve by sleeping. I dare say that it might make it worse."

Thranduil gazed at his son through anxious, sunken eyes. He looked exhausted, his hröa and fëa utterly strained by the anxiety he had suffered the day before. He let out a long sigh.

"I know that what you say is right. But if Tinnueth wishes to sleep, we should let her sleep. For some time, at least."

Legolas nodded reluctantly. "But..."

Thranduil interrupted his son. "There are no 'buts'! Let her sleep, at least for a while. Her body's pain will lessen with time and when she wakes up again she will have one problem less. At least this is what I hope for."

Legolas felt sympathy for his father's feelings. "And when are you planning to wake her up?"

The king shrugged his shoulders. "I do not know. I will have to speak with Elrond. But not now. I need some rest to get a clear head. Everything has changed."

Legolas nodded slowly. "Then I will leave you alone. I will go and see Esteleth. Should you need me, please call for me and I will come to you."

Thranduil nodded and walked away from his son whose eyes followed his father for some time. Tinnueth's hröa had been saved, but what about her fëa? Only time could answer that question. Legolas shook his head, worried about Tinnueth and his father who had come under the influence of love. He turned around and walked away into the opposite direction.

Legolas found Esteleth with her parents and excused himself before he pulled her out of their chambers and along the corridor. When they had walked into his private chambers, he closed his door and turned around, pulling her into a passionate kiss. His hands traveled all over her body, caressing her while he deepened their kiss. Esteleth felt the urgency in his kiss and enjoyed his passionate approach greatly. She moaned into his mouth, encouraging him to go on. Legolas pinned her against the wall and began to grind his hips into hers, feeling his own arousal deepen while his tongue explored her mouth adventurously. Esteleth's breath quickened when she felt his swelling manhood pressing against her. Suddenly Legolas pulled away and broke their kiss. The surprise in her face made him smile widely.

"We had better control ourselves. Otherwise we will go too far." He chuckled. "One year in our life is like a blink of an eye to us. Yet, I would have never thought that one year would seem so long."

Esteleth grinned at him."And this one year has not even begun."

Legolas rolled his eyes in annoyance and groaned out before he pulled her close and kissed her with renewed passion. His tongue invaded her mouth, tasting her while his hands roamed over her body, causing her to moan once again. When they broke their kiss, Legolas eyed her with frustration.