Love means ...

Thranduil moved abruptly away from her as the door opened. Legolas came in and approached them. While the prince gave his father a short report, Thranduil did not miss the disappointment which spread over Tinnueth's face. She had closed her eyes and listened to the conversation between father and son attentively. When Legolas left the room, Thranduil took a deep breath and leaned wearily into the cushions. That was a close call. He was glad that Legolas had come at the right moment, but a part of him was annoyed. He pulled Tinnueth closer to him and kissed her brow. She was silent and he could clearly feel the uncertainty, which spread through her being.

"That's what happens when you have kids," said Thranduil.

Tinnueth looked at him and said nothing.

He chuckled softly, "They always come at the wrong moment."

Tinnueth's eyes shone with happiness when she understood, that Thranduil would have kissed her if Legolas had not come. She nuzzled her nose against his chest and enjoyed his touch as his hand stroked lovingly over her skin.

Suddenly he turned abruptly to her and cupped her cheek with his hand. Tinnueth looked at him in surprise and before she could say anything, she felt Thranduil's lips on hers. Her heart seemed to explode in her chest when he began to kiss her. First he was gentle and restrained, but it was not long until his kiss was more demanding. Her trembling hands framed his broad shoulders as he lay on top of her, kissing her passionately. Suddenly Thranduil pulled away and fell back into his cushions, breathing heavily. Tinnueth was perplexed at first. It had been such a wonderful feeling and she looked at him with deep fascination. Then she frowned.

"You're sweating. Are you in pain," she asked anxiously as she sat up slowly.

Thranduil gritted his teeth and nodded.

"Let me get a healer," said Tinnueth before she stood up to leave the room.

Thranduil's eyes followed her and he growled loudly as she closed the door. She could not understand how much self-control he had to muster to control himself. His entire body was screaming for hers and he had to muster all his willpower to hold back. The throbbing feeling in his body subsided only slowly and he stared at the ceiling exhausted. This had been a tough fight. Why did he let himself be carried away? He wanted to make her happy. That was the reason. Thranduil rubbed his face with his hands and feared the moment when she would come back.

The door burst open and the healer came in, followed by Tinnueth who looked at Thranduil sorrowful. The old elf gazed at the king concerned when he approached his bed. Then his expression calmed. He turned to Tinnueth.

"Please wait outside for a moment," the healer said politely.

Tinnueth nodded and left the room.

"My king, should I forbid her to lie with you in bed," he asked.

Thranduil nodded and closed his eyes while the healer checked his wounds. When the healer left the room, Tinnueth waiting nervously in the hallway.

"It's all right. However, the king must rest. It is better if you sit on the chair, which I have provided for you," he said.

She nodded and entered the room. Thranduil looked very peaceful as she sat down next to his bed. It was not long before she understood that he was asleep. Tinnueth sighed and covered his large hand with hers.

-Two weeks later-

Esteleth's shut her window quickly and rushed to the mirror, where she tugged excitedly at her dress. With a happy smile on her lips she went to her door and left her chamber.