Thranduil's concerns

"Tinnueth's mind is sick. She is not the same elleth which I got to know. Her fighting spirit is completely gone," said Thranduil concerned.

Galadriel smiled at him and nodded.

"I know. I see the shadows which have enveloped her fëa."

Thranduil looked at her with great concern.

"I can not change that," Galadriel said," But I think that it will be easy to dispel the shadows."

"How," asked Thranduil.

"What you are doing now is good. No bad news should reach her. Let Tinnueth not witness bad things. I believe that her fëa will recover if she feels safe. I see that your bond has strengthened since I was last time here. Half a year has changed a lot," she said, smiling. "Once married, you will perform your duties as a king again. I looked into your future, not only in yours, but also in Legolas' future. After the wedding he will ride with Esteleth north. They will accompany her family when they return to their home."

"Should I do not spend a little more time with Tinnueth," Thranduil asked doubtfully.

"No, not in the way as you do now. When Legolas will return with Esteleth, Tinnueth will be with child. I firmly believe that this will aid to her healing. You need not worry. Tinnueth needs this time in which she does not see Esteleth to grow up. It will do Tinnueth well to be separated for a while from her friend. "

Thranduil looked at her in amazement. "When will Legolas return," he asked.

Galadriel smiled at him.

"A full year will pass before his return."

Thranduil's eyes widened, "So soon," he said, thinking of his next child.

Galadriel nodded, "Yes, and it's a good thing. As I already said, it will contribute to her healing. Everything will be fine. You do not need to worry too much."

Thranduil looked over the forest, which stretched to the horizon and nodded thoughtfully. Those were in deed interesting and unexpected news. Strangely enough he was glad that he had invited Galadriel. He would have never dreamed, that he would be pleased with Galadriel's presence.

"Tinnueth family," he asked.

"You should invite them to come as soon as possible. Their presence will distract Tinnueth. The time that you spend with her, is essential. But it will be easier for both of you, if her family is here."

*****

When Thranduil sat that night at his desk, he gazed at the parchments that lay there, but he could think of nothing else than Galadriel's words. She had also had informed him, that it would not take long before Esteleth would be with child. How strange, thought Thranduil when he thought about the fact that Legolas would also be a father. A knock made him look up. Legolas entered the study.

"And," his son asked curiously. "How was the conversation with Galadriel?"

"Galadriel had much to say. First thing in the morning, send invitations to Tinnueth's and Esteleth's families. Tell them that we want their presence. If they can stay here until the wedding, it will greatly please me. Please inform Esteleth's and her parents, that you two will travel to her home after the wedding."

Legolas was surprised. He had spoken with Esteleth last night whether it would be possible for them to visit her home this year. To Esteleth's dismay, Legolas had made her little hope. The prince was pleasantly surprised by his father's words.