Daughter of star

- Eighteen months later -

Esteleth looked with fascination at the small elfling which lay in Tinnueth's arms.

"She is so small," whispered Esteleth, while she carefully sat down on the bed.

Her slender fingers stroked the silky skin of the little princess and played with her silver blond hair. The chubby princess enjoyed the gentle touch to the fullest.
Tinnueth looked at her friend. Her daughter was only a few hours old and Tinnueth felt incredibly exhausted but immeasurably happy.

What's her name, "Esteleth asked curiously.

"Elien," Tinnueth replied softly.

"Daughter of star," said Esteleth and smiled.

"Thranduil says, it is a fitting name, since she was born in the night when the stars shone brightly," explained Tinnueth, eyeing her daughter.

Her heart was now filled with a love which had so far been completely unknown to her. It brought peace and happiness in Tinnueth's fëa.

"Would you like to hold her," asked Tinnueth and looked at Esteleth questioningly.

"Um, I do not know, she seems to be so fragile," replied Esteleth while she looked at Elien doubtful.

Legolas did not hesitate and gently put his hand under Elien's head and lifted her gently. She was light as a feather and so soft and warm. He gently rocked his little sister in his arms and looked longingly at Esteleth's womb, which what swollen with life. His glance wandered back to his sister, who yawned heartily.

"She doesn't resemble you," said the Prince.

Thranduil looked over his son's shoulder down to his little daughter and chuckled.

"You are wrong, my son. Elien looks like me," he said firmly.

Tinnueth raised her eyebrows and shook her head firmly.

"No, Elien has most resemblance to me," she said with conviction.

Thranduil threw his wife an amused look and shook his head.

"You're tired and exhausted," he said, grinning. "If you have rested, you'll see that our daughter most resembles me."

Tinnueth looked at Thranduil offended, but was distracted by Esteleth's giggling.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute," she said, amused. "You should both catch up some sleep. Both of you look very tired. Later we will decide."

Esteleth got up and went to Legolas. The prince smiled at Esteleth and placed Elien in her arms. Esteleth felt great melancholy rise in her as she rocked Elien in her arms. Soon they would be allowed to hold their own child, she thought as she was close to tears.

When they lay in their bed that night, Esteleth sighed softly. Legolas hand caressed her belly, which steadily grew and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Esteleth turned to Legolas and nuzzled her face against his chest.

"Until now the length of my pregnancy did not bother me. But since I have seen Elien, I can not wait until our child is born," she said softly.

Legolas nodded. He still felt a lump in his throat. He, too, was deeply touched by the birth of his sister. He smiled as he felt the kicks of his child, as Esteleth's belly pressed tightly against his own.

"How will we call our child," he asked quietly.

Esteleth smiled, "A name for our son," she asked.

Legolas smiled, "Son? How do you know that it will be a son. Maybe we will be blessed with a daughter," he said.

"No, I know that it will be a son," she said confidently. "What would you call him," she asked.