II.-The Unconventional Truth-

Warning: Keep a matured mind when reading this. In other words, rated SPG

Song for this chapter

1. "Dangerous Woman" by Ariana Grande

---

"You two know each other?"

"Yes Uncle, we have met before" Richard quickly answered.

"Good, then I expect that you two will get along fast, am I right?"

"Yes sir" this time, it's Maine who replied. Richard smiled as his uncle left them inside the conference room. As soon as he got out, the lad released a sigh of relief before quickly asking Maine what in the world is she doing in here.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"This is my Uncle's company"

"But you didn't tell me that last night"

"You also did not tell me you work for the advertising field" he replied before putting his bag on the table. Richard then sat beside Maine and asked her what else he told her last night.

"Nothing important ... wait, is that a hickey?" Maine then asked him before pulling down his collar. Richard just sat there, nodding in a bit of embarrassment.

"Oh ... I gave you that huh? I must have been really drunk. I'm sorry"

"For what?" he then asked wondering what he's apologetic about. Richard had a lot of fun with him, the kind of fun that he used to only enjoy with Jenna. "For opening up ... for letting you in my problems" she replied with a smile on her face. Richard then fixed the couple strands for her that's blocking her face. After tucking them right behind her ears, he told her that she already made up for whatever it is she's apologizing for.

"I did? How?"

"With the car..." Richard answered with a smug expression on his face.

"Oh ... that ... drunk sex ... totally not something I would be doing normally"

"No need to feel bad about it ... it was great"

Maine then rolled her eyes at him, making Richard more interested with the things going on in her mind.

"Yes it was" she admitted.

"If I have a hickey ... does that mean?"

"Yes. I also have hickeys ... two ... that's why I said 'hickeys' ... thanks to you" she sarcastically told him.

"Where?...I can't see them"

"It's because they're hidden in an area where sun don't usually shine"

"Like your butt? You have a great butt"

"It's not that"

"Then where?"

"My Boobs"

"Oh" he replied, blushing a bit. Richard is now slowly getting the sense of what kind of woman Maine is. And she's exactly like him. Been loyal for very long but was wronged and left behind just because they're not perfect.

"Now that I guess we have no choice but to work as partners, I hope things won't be awkward"

"Don't worry Maine ... they won't"

--

Maine is trying her best to put up a calm and collected front, but deep inside she's already freaking out. She never thought that the guy she had a one night stand with would end up as her job partner the next day. Maine finds that crazy.