XVI.-Drunk In Love-

Songs for this chapter:

1. "L-U-V" - Charlie Puth

2. "Hold It Against Me" - Sam Tsui (Britney Spears cover)

---

"I love you" those three words echoed inside Maine's mind over and over again, and it took her a few moments to convince herself that she's wide awake .. that this isn't a part of her dream, it's reality. Normally, Maine would have gushed about it and tell Richard she loves him too. However, due to her unfortunate stint in the love department, Maine became a non believer ... she became emotionally unavailable for that sort of relationship that requires love and commitment. A part of her wants to believe him while there's also a part of her that says he's just drunk and kidding. Maine doesn't know what part she should believe in. 

"You love me? .... very funny Richard ... very funny" Maine uttered before making an awkward laugh noise. To avoid more awkwardness she decided to walk towards him. "Come on , let's go downstairs .. they're probably looking for us" she uttered but he won't move. Richard just kept on looking at her. 

"You really are emotionally unavailable huh?" he asked. That hit a little too close to home for her but she knows it's the truth. "Yes, now let's just talk about this some other time and go back to the dance okay? ... come on now" Maine answered. She heard Richard grunted, but kept on pulling him towards the door. 

As soon as Maine took a hold of the door knob she twisted it, only to realize that it wouldn't turn an inch.

"Shit" Maine uttered before giving Richard a look. "No ... hell no" he said as he started pounding on the metal door. They got locked out. 

---

"Fuck, kill me now" Richard thought to himself while searching for cellphone signal. They've been locked out for almost an hour now and still, no one has came to their rescue. This night can no go down as one of his worst nights ever.  He knew there's a chance that this night will go bad, but he never expected it to be this disastrous. First, taking Natasha to the dance as his date is such a wrong move. Second, he confessed his feelings for Maine and she took as him being his usual jolly and drunk self ... therefore implying that his love is either rejected or got nowhere else to go to. And third, they got locked out in the rooftop in the cold freezing night without cellphone signal to call or text anyone. 

He dialed the numbers of everyone he knows that works in the company , but none of them answered. "Richard ... I'm ... I'm cold" Maine uttered. He looked at her and saw her shaking bad. 

"Shit" Richard said as he ran towards her. The lad then removed his coat and wrapped it around her bare shoulders. Maine clutched it to her close , she's still shaking. Even though this night hasn't turned out the way he wants it to , he's not gonna let her suffer. Richard started unbuttoning his shirt , after being able to do so , he also wrapped it around her. 

"How about you? Aren't you cold?"

"Nope" he replied right away. After Richard noticed that she's still somehow shaking, he wrapped his bare body around her. "What are you doing?" Maine asked him. "Body heat reduces the coldness" he whispered in her ears. Having Maine in his arms still feels good, the heat of her bodice also benefits him. But since they are in a  chilly environment, Alden couldn't help one particular part of his body to get hard , stone hard. Maine adjusted her position, unintentionally grinding her back against his raging boner. It made Richard shiver. 

"Oh Richard ..."

"Sorry, I can't help if my dick is hard. It's cold. Dicks are hard when it's cold" he replied as his voice started shaking. 

"I have an idea"

"What is it?" he asked. 

"Let's have sex"

"What?"

"Body heat right?"

"Oh"

--

Maine knew that her idea was a stupid one, given that he told her he 'loves' her and all. But this is the only way she knows they can get heated. After a few minutes of just staring at each other, the two started making out. But it only lasted for a few minutes after he pulled away. 

"I'm sorry ... this feels wrong" he told her. Maine gave him back his t-shirt to prevent him from having colds. Richard put it on and asked her if she's gonna be fine.  

"I will be ... I'm sorry for the stupid idea ... it's just that .... I never thought I'd die like this" she replied, resting her head on his chest. 

"Come on now ... you're not gonna die in here" he replied as he tightened his hug on her. The two then looked up at the stars. Maine started feeling okay. The heat of his body is working and it's starting to warm her up. 

Maine started thinking about what Richard confessed earlier.  Still, she doesn't think he truly loves her. Maybe he just got carried away.  Maine wants to guard her heart this time. There's no way she'll let herself fall for him that easily ... or maybe ... she will never let herself fall for him. 

"I've always dreamed of this" Richard then told her. 

"Getting stuck on a rooftop on a freezing night?" she asked before looking up to him. Maine , now with her arms wrapped around Richard, rested her head on his arms. This cold will be the death of her. 

"Nope , see the stars with someone special" 

That made her smile. What he said felt so good in her ears.

"So I'm still special to you?" she asked. 

"Very" 

---

Austin had spent the past two hours looking for Maine and Richard. The lad searched the entire building except for two particular places. Ladies's room and the rooftop. He asked a friend to check on the comfort room and as soon as she told him that there's no one in there, Austin ran to the rooftop. He immediately saw that the door is locked. He turned around for a bit but then he had this gut feeling.  Austin felt the urge to open the door and check the rooftop. And so he did. 

The moment Austin opened the door, he saw something that broke his heart. He has loved Maine for so long but now here she is ... hugging Richard. 

"....Maine?"

---

that's it for this part guys ^^ what do you think will happen next?

if you have extra time .. read this :) https://www.wattpad.com/253006042-boyfriend-for-rent-48-monthsary