XXII.-Wet-

Song for this chapter:

1. "Climax" - Usher

--

"Your boyfriend?" Richard asked Maine as soon as she excused the two of them from her Mum. "I'm sorry , I couldn't think of anything else" she replied while pacing back and forth. Richard turned around and saw that her mother is still talking to Austin. 

"What's the meaning of this? Maine? , I thought you don't want to have a boyfriend yet? You basically rejected me" he told her. "I know ... I'm so sorry , I shouldn't have done that" she replied in a panicked tone. Knowing that he won't be able to talk to her properly while she's in this state of panic and chaos, Richard pressed his lips on her. Making her stop from doing any sort of movements. Maine then looked at him with wild eyes and asked why he did that. 

"So you can calm down" he replied. Much to his surprise, Maine did not get mad. Instead, she pulled him towards her office. As soon as the two got inside, she immediately closed the door. 

"We're not gonna have another office sex quickie are we?" Richard asked. 

"What? No! Get your head out of your ass Richard, it's not a hat" 

"Well I'm sorry .. what do you want me to do? Stop being so demanding" 

"Are we having a fight?" Maine asked. 

"No?"

"Great ... because I can't fight with you ... now ...what do we have to do?" she asked. him. Richard is still overwhelmed but he also knows he must help her. 

"Just calm down first okay? what happened to you?" 

"We ... I mean ... my family .. we have this sort of tradition .. a fixed marriage sort of tradition"

"Fixed marriage? what year are we in? 1855?" he asked. 

"They're old-fashioned ... but I'm still panicking .. why am I panicking?" Maine asked, still fidgeting. Thinking that he can no longer take any of it , Richard pulled Maine in for a deep kiss. The taste of her trembling lips is so good. Richard slowly opened his eyes and saw that she's staring at him. He then slowly pulled away and told her to 'calm down'. Maine then nodded and sat on the chair next to his table. 

"Now .. let's make this thing clear ... you're getting married?"

"Yes"

Richard felt his entire world crash. 

"You're getting married? To whom?"

"Austin"

That answer fueled his desire to help her.  There's no way in this world he's gonna let her get married to someone like Austin. He is a nice lad , it's just that Richard doesn't like him ... at all. 

"Fine ... how can I help you?"

---

Maine's heart is ready to escape her chest, this has gotten bigger than she expected it to be.  After a couple of minutes of hiding inside her office, Richard and Maine walked out of the room hand in hand. "Where have you been?" her Mum asked. 

"Um ... we .. we just talked" she replied nervously , only to feel Richard's grip get tighter. She then watched  as her mother turned to Richard. She slowly approached him and pinched his cheeks. 

"You look exactly like him" she uttered, pertaining to his father. 

"Who?" Richard asked. 

"Your Dad ... My Mum used to date your Dad"