XXIII.-Daddy Issues-

Note: This is the same chapter. I just re-did the last part because I didn't get the reception I wanted.

--

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck" Richard thought to himself as he and Maine wrap themselves in individual white towels. There's no way he can escape this one , their clothes are scattered right outside and her Dad will surely figure out that her sweet daughter is having sex with a guy. The lad can already feel her father's hatred for him. To make things worse , he started seeing visions of how he'll get himself killed once he steps out of the bathroom. 

"Stay here okay? I'll try to sort this out" Maine told him before making an exit. Richard opened the door a bit so she can hear their conversation. 

"What the hell is this?" he heard her Dad's manly man voice all the way from the living room. 

"I can explain" 

"Bring him out" 

"Dad ...

"I said .. bring him out!" 

Richard got scared and then heard footsteps heading his way. The lad panicked and looked around . He immediately put on his boxers and re-wrapped the towel around him.

The door then opened and she saw a very frightened Maine. "Sorry ... come with me" she told him but he doesn't want to. "Nah, I'll just jump out of the window .. I'm good" he replied with a nervous smile on his face. Maine let out a sigh before pulling him out.Richard's heart is pounding so much he's pretty sure it will escape his chest within the next two minutes. 

As soon as Maine's dad came into his his view , he knows he's dead. He is so dead. 

---

Maine is not really surprised that her father  just showed up, he does that all the time. She just hates his timing. Of all the times he can come and visit her , he chose now. 

The two stood there and waited for him to talk. But his deathly glares are more than enough for they already sent shivers down their spines. Richard is shaking , she is too. 

"Who the fuck are you? Maine ... are you having sex with this guy?" his father asked, directly addressing the scenario he may have interrupted. 

"Yes Dad ... and there's not a problem with that ... I am of legal age and he's my boyfriend" she replied. Maine looked on and saw that her father's fists are clenched. 

She then looked at Richard and saw that his white attractive face has now turned pinkish red because of shame. "Put on your clothes son and leave" he commanded and so Richard started gathering his stuff. 

"Don't go!" Maine yelled and so she stopped. The young woman took a deep breath before telling her father that she's had enough of him always being in control of her. 

Things escalated quickly but it's alright. She knows deep snide , this can no longer continue. 

"Dad ... I'm not gonna marry Austin ... I don't love him that way" she uttered as Richard ran to the bathroom to dry his wet clothes.

 "But sweetheart ... this is our family's tradition .. yes you moved out of the house but this doesn't exempt you .. you're still family .. this is just to secure your future" 

"Dad I don't care about the money okay? Main reason why I moved out at the age of 20 is because I can't stand the hypocrisy that everyone in that house displays so easily.  I don't care about the money Dad ... I don't care and I will never care about it"

 "Maine .... this is for the family . And you love Austin .. you two will have a great life" 

"I don't love him that way and if you can't respect my decision, I suggest you leave because if you keep on doing this to me ... I will have no problem disappearing from your life forever" she replied with all her might. Maine never really had a solid relationship with her father. All he is to her was a provider of her needs, but now that she can do that for herself, she knows she can live without him. 

"This is not over" her father told her before making an exit. As soon as he walked out of the unit, Maine felt her knees went weak. She sat on the chair and teared up. 

---

Due to the fact that Maine has a really great dryer for clothes, Richard was able to wear them again just several minutes later . He walked out of the bathroom and saw her sobbing on a chair. 

"Fuck, what happened?" he asked before he knelt next to her. 

"He's gonna push me to get married. I can feel it" she replied. 

"Then what do you wanna do?" he asked her. Maine looked at him straight to the eyes and asked if he wants to do something crazy. 

"What kind of crazy?" Richard asked, totally clueless. 

"Richard Faulkerson Jr. , how crazy are you?"

The lad is getting nervous , he has no idea what she's trying to imply.  "What do you mean?" he asked. 

"I don't want to get married to Austin just to please my father.  When I get married someday .. I want it to be the one I truly love the most" 

"So what does this have to do with me?"

"Richard ... will you fake marry me?" 

"What?" 

---

Maine is desperate, she knows her father won't stop until he gets what he wants. But she won't let that happen, she won't let him control her this time. 

She asked Richard that question just because he couldn't think of anything else. She needs a quick solution and it's him. 

"What?" he asked. 

But judging by his expression, she knew she made a mistake. He looks petrified and  scared. 

"Fuck it , I'm so sorry .. I'm just kidding" she replied before she started walking back to her room. Maine marrying Richard would be the solution to her problem but she knows he wouldn't approve of it. And besides, it would be totally unfair to him for she will be playing with his emotions.  

"Maine wait!" Richard yelled and so she turned around. 

"What?" she asked, turning to him. 

"Fine ...  I'm gonna fake marry you" 

---

that's it for this part guys ^^. Hope the chapter is clearer now. What will happen next? stay tuned : x