XV-The Waiting Game- (mid-book FINALE)

Songs for this chapter:

1. "Waiting Game" - Parson James

2. "Almost Is Never Enough" - Ariana Grande feat. Nathan Sykes

3. "Boom Clap" - Charli XCX

---

Richard and Maine left the shop two nights ago very embarrassed but also proud of themselves. They never had sex in a dressing room before, it just sucks that they got caught. The two left the place with blushing faces as workers are eyeing them as they make their way out. Richard doesn't know about Maine, all he knows is that he will remember that night for a very long time.

"Lydia, is my suit ready?" he asked his assistant, pertaining to the attire he's gonna wear tonight.

"Yes sir, it's ready" she replied in a very proud tone. Richard didn't reply anymore, he just kept on typing for their weekly report. Even though he's not speaking, it's more than clear that something's been bothering him. He noticed something worth of getting worried about , and he's afraid that this will affect his chances of turning his beneficial friendship with Maine into something much more. 

"If worse becomes fucking worst, you're gonna have to admit your feelings for her tonight" a voice inside his head told him. Richard can feel his face getting hotter , this is not a good sign, for it only happens  when he's like really anxious. And he is , he doesn't know if Maine will feel the same about him or would it put a strain in their friendship. He doesn't know what will happen tonight. One thing is clear though, he needs to tell her how he truly feels as soon as possible. 

---

"Does this make me look like a virgin?" Maine asked her Mum while trying on the red dress she and Richard bought two days ago. This is the kind of relationship they have. Maine and her Mum are like best friends, and she wouldn't change a thing about that. 

"It makes you look 16" 

"I always look 16" Maine uttered before doing her 'second grader' smile. Her mother laughed, but then asked how things are going between her and Austin. Maine let out a sigh and told her that she knows her mother is playing matchmaker to the both of them. 

"Is that bad? I mean, you and Austin looks good together" 

"We do ... but we're also childhood best friends. He's like my brother now" 

"Then why did you agree to be his date for this thing?" her mother asked, still pushing the 'Maustin' tandem into reality. "Mom, I haven't seen him in a decade. And besides ... no one else asked me" she replied even though Richard did ask her. 

"How about that Richard Faulkerson Jr.?" her mother asked, making her heart jumped. 

"Austin told you huh?" she asked in a very pissed off tone. 

"Yes, but don't hate him please" Mrs. Mendoza replied. Maine just let out a sigh,  there's nothing much she can do about it anyway. 

"Richard is a good guy , but we're just friends" she replied, not wanting to hope that there's something different going on between them. "Be careful of him Maine. Faulkersons are heart breakers, trust me" her Mum reminded. That got her puzzled and so she asked her if she has dates one of Richard's relatives. 

"Yes, his father" 

"Oh"

---

Later that night, Richard and Natasha arrived at the office and saw how the decoration team turned the place into a high school prom theme night. Richard's eyes widened as his hearts started fluttering, he definitely feels like a senior high school student attending prom.