XIX.-Make You Want Me-

Song for this chapter:

1. "I Found" - Amber Run 

---

Richard knew he shouldn't have said that for he got the EXACT answer he expected from her. Maine immediately left his place after he said those words. That's the moment where everything became clear to him. She really is emotionally unavailable for any sort of commitment. That admittance also made her avoid him. And now, a couple of days have and still ... the two of them are not talking to each other directly. 

He destroyed it , he ruined whatever it is that they have. 

Right now, Richard is sitting in his chair looking at Maine who is busy laughing with Austin and their other workers. He's definitely jealous. 

The lad's phone then started ringing, it's Robin calling him. 

"Hey , what's up?" he asked. 

"I'm at home right now"

"Why?"

 "I'm looking for a condom" Robin replied, making Richard's heart skip a couple of beats. "Condom? why? Just buy one, Robin" he replied. 

"I can't. I'm too shy to buy one ... wait , why do you have cuffs and mouth gag in here?" Robin asked. Richard immediately felt his face blush , his cousin just unlocked his box of sex stuffs. 

"Close that you idiot!. Why do you need a condom? Have you found the girl?" he asked. 

"I did ... but"

"But what?" 

"Did you talk to your lady friend about it?" he asked, pertaining to Maine. Richard let out a sigh, he forgot to tell her that Robin and her cousin has a thing. 

"Nope, not yet" he replied. 

"You two are still not on speaking terms? Brutal dude, brutal" 

'I know ... no need to remind me. Ugh, just come in here and I'll give you one" 

"Okay" 

"Richard?' a familiar voice asked. The lad quickly swerved his chair around and saw Maine looking at him. He quickly ended Robin's call and asked what she's doing inside his office. 

"I just need you to sign this" she replied in a  very awkward tone. Richard quickly did what she asked him to do. After being able to sign the papers, Richard asked Maine if they can talk about what happened last Sunday but she immediately walked out without even answering a single word. 

"This is not good" he thought to himself before redialing Robin's number. 

"You're rude" his cousin told him right away. 

"I'm sorry" 

---

Maine never felt this awkward to someone. Her face is as red as a tomato the whole time she's inside Richard's office. Ever since he told her he loves her , while he's sober, things have been different. It's like , she lost herself. This is not her , this girl she can see in the mirror is not her. 

"Come on now , pull your shit together" she thought to herself before walking out of the ladies's room. 

Maine is busy reading some texts from her phone that she didn't notice someone was gonna bump into her. 

"Ow!" they both said ta the same time. Maine looked on and saw Robin, Richard's cousin. Maine's face immediately blushed, getting reminded of the lingerie situation. "You" he whispered. "Hi ... bye" she replied before running away from him. 

Robin is just a kid and because she accidentally let him see her soul, Maine can now never look at him the same way ever again. 

"Are you alright?" Austin asked her. 

"Meh"

"What?"

"Nothing" she replied before disappearing back into her office. This whole debacle with Richard is taking a toll on her and she doesn't know how much she can still take. As soon as Maine sat on her chair, her phone started ringing. It's Richard. 

"Crap" she uttered before rejecting his call. Maine is panicking internally.  he's playing with her emotions, and she thinks it's starting to work. 

---

"Thanks" Robin told him after he handed his extra condom. "No problem , just be safe" Richard replied. 

"I saw your girl

"Who? what?" 

"I saw Maine , I mean"

"Uh, okay"

"You two are still not talking to each other?" Robin asked before he sat on the couch inside his office. Richard just nodded. 

"Ever since you told her you love her? Rough" . "I'm well aware of that, thank you" he replied before standing up from his seat.

 "I do have an idea, you will get to see if she has feelings for you ... even just a bit" 

 "How?" he asked. 

"Make her jealous"

"What?"

"Dude, you're attractive. Just make her jealous and you'll see" 

"Right ... nice" he replied with a grin on his face. 

---

Maine went home later that day and opened her DVD player, thinking that she chucked in a CD of her favorite movie. But instead of seeing 'A Walk To Remember' , her sex tape with RJ started playing. 

She can see her naked self laughing at his corny jokes. Maine smiled, the happiness in her eyes is irreplaceable. The camera then turned to Richard and he smiled. That cute smile of his made her realize something, she misses him. She misses him so much. 

Maine then brought out his phone and dialed his number, she just needs to hear his voice.  His phone started ringing, but then he rejected her a call. 

Maine let out a sigh. He hates her now. 

---

"How are you and Maine?"

"We're good Auntie, don't worry" Austin replied  while mixing some fruit juice. "Good, do you think she's ready to hear the news?" Mrs. Mendoza asked. 

"I think so"

"Okay ... we'll tell her tomorrow" 

--

that's it for this part guys , what do you think will happen next? :) xx