Part 1

The elevator doors opened and Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago stepped out. They were deep in conversation when their path was stopped by Charles Boyle. He was waiting patiently for them. He had a huge smile on his face. 

"Boyle, what are you doing?" Asked Terry Jeffords.

"I need to talk to these two love birds."

"Charles at least let us come inside," said Jake. They entered and made their way to their desk. 

"Okay so it's Genevieve's birthday tomorrow and we want you two to come to dinner. It will be like a double date," explained Charles. 

Jake gave Amy a look. A look that Amy understood perfectly. She smiled and nodded. 

"Sure Boyle, count us in."

Charles smile spread even more. He was always looking for things to do with Jake. They were interrupted by Rosa Diza. 

"Guys we have a case," she informed the rest of them. 

They made their way to the squadroom where everyone had already gathered. At the front was Capatin Raymond Holt. 

"Okay since all of us have now gathered, let's start. A body was found but no identification was found. At this point, it's a John Doe as there wasn't any match in the system. We however did find this (a note that read: To NYPD). He also was in possession of $1000. Boyle and Peralta I want you two to work on this case."

"Cool, a mystery guy, a mystery note and a mystery stack of cash. The case is a mystery itself."

"Yeah, a total mystery," said Captain Holt. "That's all for now."

They all made their way out of the squadroom. Jake stopped and waited for Amy to join him. "Okay, so are you sure you are okay with the whole double date with Boyle and Genevieve?" 

Amy put her arms around Jake and gave him a kiss. "Yes Jake. I know Charles is your best friend. Even though at times he's weird but he makes you happy and I want you to be happy. And besides it should be fun. We can have extra desert tonight," whispered Amy. 

"I love you for doing this for me, thanks." 

                     \\~~~~~~~~~~~~<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<~~~~~~~~~~~~<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Jake and Charles arrived at the crime scene where other NYPD officer were still at the scene. 

"So how's it going with you and Amy?" Asked Charles.

"It's good. Great. We are so different yet we get each other. She makes me happy."

Charles could see the sparkle in Jake's eyes when he talked about Amy. He had a smile on his face. A smile that wasn't his usual joking and comic but a genuine one. 

"Okay, so we have a  booking at the Roslintaa's at 8pm. Isn't it great that finally we can double date?"

Jake smiled and nodded in response. 

Meanwhile back at the precinct, Amy was doing paperwork when Rosa came and took a seat next to her. Amy looked up in surprise. "Rosa, whats up? she asked trying  to be cool. 

"I need your help on a case. You know the drug dealer that I have been after just disappeared. No activity has been happening  from."

"And how do you want me to help?'

"I need you to ask around with your Informants and see if they have heard any chatter about him. We don't have a name or a face. All we know is that he has a scar on top of his left eye and that he always wears a black skull scarf around his neck."

"Okay Rosa, don't worry. I will get that information out there and will keep you updated with it."

                  //-------------------------//------------------------//-----------------------//-------------------------//

Amy was at her desk working when Jake and took a seat next to her. "So, do you want to hear about this case. You can make a movie out of it. One mystery after another."

"Jake you know I love hearing about these crazy movies about yours but I have to finish this case report," smiled Amy as she continued to work on her case.

From the corner of her eyes, Amy saw the disappointment in Jake's eyes. Quickly to cheer him up, "But you know, you can tell me all about this sexy movie plot of yours."

Jake gave her big smile as he got up and left.

                                                          ~~~~~~~~ END OF PART ONE ~~~~~~~~