Part 11

Jake sat his desk still not sure about what went wrong between Amy and him. Boyle occasionally tried to cheer him up but it seemed like it wasn't working. 

"Jake, it's been three days since she broke up. You both work in the same precinct and you both sit across from each other. Don't know if it's luck or just coincidence that you haven't crossed paths. Plus I think you should talk to each other and try and solve your issues," suggested Boyle. 

"You know Charles, I would like to do that but there is a small problem... Amy doesn't even answer my text yet alone her speaking to me," snapped Jake. 

"Wow... This has hit you so hard. I thought that working on hard cases will eventually take your mind off Amy. You know like the case that you guys are meant to be working on," interrpted Roza. 

"Roza a little compassion please. He was just dumped and his heart broken," whispered Boyle.

"I know but I hate that I care... But Amy's heart was also broken and she was also hurting but no one cares," whispered Roza. 

Jake looked up at this but before he could ask what that meant, Roza was gone. 

"Maybe you and Roza are right. Let's just focus on work and this case and maybe I'll be able to figure out what went wrong with Amy. Or maybe I should move on and give Sophia another chance. She did come back for me and we had a special something going on." 

"Jakey, this is just your anger talking. You can't just jump at the first person that comes your way. Give Amy a chance." 

"Oh who are we kidding. There was a reason why I never could tell Sophia about Amy and me, maybe this is a good thing," said Jake. 

Boyle stood watching Jake leave as he walked alway excited in a while. Was he really over Amy or was he just masking his pain?

                         //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Ok so we need to figure out a way to pin this all on our guy Philip. I mean we all know that he is guilty of this," said Amy. 

"Yeah but we aRe dealing with a guy who has a lawyer who is already working get away with a crime case... Before even having a case against him," pointed out Captain Holt. 

"So what we just let her get away with lying and taking our man," snapped Amy. 

"Wow... Chill," remarked Terry. "I don't think that this is coming  from the case. Maybe it will be better if you didn't work on this case. There is a conflict of interest."

"I'm not backing out of this. She got what she wanted and I'm not letting her take this away too. Besides I know we can win this and I know this case better than anyone new who comes on," said Amy as she tried to calm her breathing down. 

"Yeah true but that doesn't better if she gets to you," said Captain Holt. "By the way seems like I have missed something here and there is more to this lawyer getting to you thing." 

"It's a long story and I wish it was easy to explain but it's not. We should just focus on the case," said Terry. 

"Let's go over this again then shall we. We know that this Philip is either the big boss or has a huge part in the whole distributing and supplying the drugs. We can't let him work out of here either way," explained Amy. 

"Sophia's main aim will be to make a point that he isn't involved or yet alone the boss of this whole operations," added Rosa. 

"Do you have proof that he is our guys and that he is in fact also involved in Perolta's case as well?"questioned Holt. 

"Boyle and Jake are working on it and hopefully we have something solid by the time we have to present our case," said Amy. 

Terry and Rosa watched Amy as if expecting her to breakdown but she continued working. 

"Are you sure she is ok?" whispered Holt.

"She says she is and she won't let anyone else stop her from working. Yeah so I'll say this is the best she is going to be," said Terry. 

"Guys, I know you are talking about me and like I said, I'm fine..." started Amy but then stopped when she Jake walk into the briefing room. 

"Heyy... Jake..." Terry and Rosa said together. 

"I'm sorry, I'll come back. I just had something to discuss about the case," said Jake looking at Amy. 

"This is ridiculous. We both work in the same place and we both have case together. Lets not get what happened between us effect our work. I thought we already discussed this when we first started dating," said Amy. 

"Yeah well we never expected you two to actually breakup... ever," chimed in Boyle. 

They all nodded and Jake and Amy remained silent. Jake didnt know if that is how he had also felt. Was he also not expecting them to break up... especially without a proper cause when everything seemed to be going amazingly. 

Amy on the other hand also couldnt believe that this had come to this. She was happy with Jake and then suddenly Sophia came along. Had she made a right choice about letting Jake go?