Part 8

"We have a lead with this case but at the moment, our prime suspect is going into court now for some other charges. We got word that we have to go pick him up from there. So let's go," grunted Roza.

"Ok, I'm ready. By the way what is the case that this suspect is involved in anyways?" asked Amy as she gathered her things and quickly.

"He had some illegal stuff going down at his store and he was arrested for dealing."

Amy watched Roza with amazement. This was clearly something that made her excited. She had been in a bad mood even more since she kept running into dead ends for her investigation.

They came out of the break room and saw Jake standing at his desk. He had a blank expression on his face and he didn't move.

"I think you finally broke him," joked Roza.

"I... I did no such thing," said Amy. "Well I don't think I did."

"We don't have time for this all. I can't lose another lead, deal with him later," snapped Roza.

They both rushed to the life where Amy bumped into Charles.

"Hey, can you check on Jake and make sure that he is still breathing. I'm worried."

Boyle smirked at this and ran to Jake like a little kid excited about finding presents under the Christmas tree.

"Jakey, Jakey... Amy was worried about you," he said with the same smile.

At first Jake still stood there not moving until Boyle gave him a tug.

"WHAT!!!! Jake snapped out. "I'm ready."

"Wow... what happened," asked Terry running out of the copy room.

"Nothing, Jake was lost in his thoughts about Amy and their romance last night," joked Boyle.

"Ooooo, you know how much Terry loves LOVE stories but that doesn't mean you can turn my squad room into your gossip room."

"It's nothing like that Terry, I will deal with it all," said Jake.

He walked away without saying another word. Terry and Boyle exchanged confused looks. Jake usually loved to share as much as possible and yet today...

"Okay spill?" asked Terry and Boyle and he sat down. "You have been acting strange for a while and I know it has something to do with Amy."

Jake looked up at Boyle and gave him an angry stare.

"Why you looking at me, I haven't told him anything."

"It is about Amy and Sophia," said Jake after a short pause. "I met her a couple of times and she said that she wanted to start where we left off."

"Oh... but you told her about Amy and you right? Then what's the problem?" asked Terry.

"That's the problem. I have been meaning to tell her yet I haven't. She kissed me and we talked and now I'm confused. I love Amy but I was also in love with Sophia."

"But then she broke your heart. And wasn't it you who said that were over Amy the whole time you were with Sophia," said Terry.

"Yes, that's what I keep getting at yet I still had feeling for Sophia which now I'm not sure about. Do I want to give that relationship a go or what?"

                                                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Okay, that this is lead will pay off. I just don't want to go on a wild goosechase," said Amy getting out of the car.

"I don't either but this is what I got."

Amy gave her a weak smile and followed Rosa into the courthouse. The courthouse wasn't busy and the silence was making Amy nervous. What if this was a waste of time... she would be stuck in the car with Rosa and that scared her.

"Wait here and I'll find out where our guy is," said Rosa.

Amy nodded and waited. She was about to sit down when she heard a familiar voice. Turning around when she heard her name, she came face to face with the last person she thought she would meet or want to meet. Sophia stood there with a smile on her face. Amy returned a weak smile but didn't say anything.

"Amy, didn't expect to run into you here," she said.

"Well, I'm a Detective and I do have to come to the courthouse. I just didn't think that our paths would cross again," said Amy. "Well hoped more like," she muttered under her breath.

"Sorry, did you say something?" asked Sophia.

"Me... nope. How have you been? Haven't seen you since you and Jake broke up," said Amy.

"Yeah, well I started to focus on my career. But then I realised that that wasn't what was making me happy. I felt so stupid about how I handled things with Jake."

"And so have you spoken to him?" questioned Amy.

"Yes, hopefully it all gets sorted soon. Breaking up with him made me realise that he made me happy. I wish for him to think it all over again and give us a go. Well I know that he won't... I mean he said that he loved me and he isn't the type of person to say that to anyone seriously."

Amy didn't say anything as she wasn't sure what to think at that point. Was Sophia really right about this all? Was she really that naïve to believe that Jake wouldn't go back to Sophia?

"Ah, sorry I have to go. My case is about to start. It was good to see you, we have to catch up sometime and you need to fill me in on what I have missed," called Sophia as she rushed away.

Amy stood there thinking over what Sophia had said and she didn't know what to say or do. She loved Jake and if Sophia was right then Jake was already planning on breaking up with her.