Part 10

Jake awkwardly smiled at both Sophia and Amy in the hopes that he could find a way to get out of this situation. Amy one the other hand understood that this wasn't his 'Sophia why are you here' face. Without another word she just walked away with Philip safely giving Jake a way out to this situation. 

When Amy was gone Jake pulled Sophia to the side. "What is going on? Why are you and Amy together?" 

"Wow... Relax Jake. We both are working on the same case. You know I'm still a lawyer right?" Smiled Sophia. 

"Yeah i know. Was just hoping that you two wouldn't come across."  

"What why? Beside she would have to get used to seeing me around more when we become offical."

"Take a step back. We haven't actually started dating or anything yet." 

"Come on Jake, we both know that what we had was special and yeah i was a little harsh on not actually giving us a chance but we still can have that all."

Jake didn't say anything as he actually thought about how things would have ended up like if Sophia and he hadn't broken up. Then Amy and he wouldn't have gotten together and he wouldn't be in this situation. 

"Sophia, we really need to talk and I need to sort something out before we go on," snapped Jake as he took this confused moment of Sophia and made a run for it. He couldn't keep going on like this as he was already lying to Amy and not really being straight forward with Sophia either. 

                      //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Amy opened her apartment door still thinking about the events of the day. She had been doubting that there was anything between Sophia and Jake but after speaking with her... She wasn't sure what to think now. Roza kept telling her to just beat Jake up and get him to spill the truth on this whole situation but that was the extreme. Boyal on the other hand still kept defending Jake and saying that he knew who he wanted to be with. Amy started to feel that too. 

"Hey Amy, I think we need to talk and I know what I have to say won't be easy and it will surely hurt your feelings but just hear me out," quickly said Jake before Amy even had a chance to say anything. 

"Ok, Jake I will hear you out but first hear what I have to say. I think I know what you wanted to say. I will make IT easier for you."

Jake was a little confused as he tried to stay quiet and hear out what she had to say. 

"Jake, you know I love you and this... This whole time that we have been together, has been amazing. I know that how this all happened wasn't an easy process and then you were with Sophia and I was with Ted. After all we finally attempted this relationship. But honestly, I don't see it going anywhere. I thought I did and if I kept telling myself this, I hoped that it would become true."

"But... Wait what?"

"Jake, we are too different and no matter how much we think it's all working, it's not. I try out make sure that we are happy but I can't keep doing it. Eventually I will start bring that kind of girlfriend that you can't stand and then we will break up. That will be more painful. That's why I think we should save ourselves some time and pain and just break up now."

"You are joking right? I'm being punkd and Aston Kutcher is like hiding somewhere right now," said Jake confused.

"I also wish this was all just a joke and that we could go back to how it was all," continued Amy. "But I'm afraid we have come to a point  which we can't go past. I can't keep doing things that makes you happy and vise verser. That is not how a relationship work. We will soon come to a point where it won't matter at all, then what?"

"Has something happen? Is that why you are doing all this?" 

"I'm doing this because I care about out friendship too much. Please don't make this harder than it is. We need some space and maybe  being co-workers is enough for now." 

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm sorry... I think I will stay at Boyal's tonight. I think this all is just ridiculous..." 

Amy didn't say anything but just gave him a weak smile. Jake started to leave when he bumped into Terfy who was standing at the door. He gave Jake a weak smile but didn't say anything. As soon as Jake was gone, Terry rushed to Amy's side. 

Unable to hold back the the tears, Amy broke down in Terry's arms and he quickly caught her and gently knelt down on the floor.

"I heard all that went down but I don't get it. You both were so happy together and you were in love. What could possibly happen in such a short time to change everything in an instant?" 

"That was one of the hardest things that I had to do Terry. It had to be done though. I couldn't let this all eat him inside. I know about Sophia. I know that she is back and she wants to start things up with him. It was clear that he was thinking about it as he never told her about us. I also know what she meant to him. She was the first person he day I love you to and forgetting that isnt easy."