Part 9

"You need to ignore her. She is being delusional if she thinks that Jake will walk away from you for her again. She broke his heart and she really thinks that he would just come back to her," said  Roza.

Amy gave her a weak smile as she hoped that what she said would be true. But deep down she still had that sinking feeling. She wanted to believe that Jake wouldn't go back to Sophia but there was a voice inside her that said otherwise. 

"Hey, lets go. Our guys case is about to start," indicated Roza. 

Amy followed Roza into the court room as she still kept thinking about Sophia and Jake. She sat down and only looked up when she heard a familiar voice. She looked up and froze as she couldn't believe who it was. 

Sophia stood in front of her and she wore a huge smile on her face. She looked from Amy and Roza. 

"What are you doing her?" asked Amy trying to sound as if this didn't bother her. 

"Well Amy, I'm a lawyer and this is a courthouse... and I had a case remember," said Sophia. 

Amy and Roza exchanged looks and rolled their eyes. 

"You are on this case. You are defending our suspect," snorted Roza. 

Amy didn't say anything as she didn't know what she was meant to feel. Was she meant to be ok with this all? After all this was only work. But how was she meant to stand there and watch this woman who is basically already dating the man she loves. Shaking off that awkward feeling, she smiled and pulled on Roza's jacket. 

"Court is about to start, let's just take a seat," she whispered to her. 

"I'm sorry to tell you my lovelies but there is no way I'll let my client go down for this or whatever you are planning on pinning him for," mocked Sophia. 

Rolling her eyes Roza followed Amy and sat down. She has only managed to handle onto her anger was because of Amy. 

                          //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Jake, you have to decide what you want. Sophia was in your past and is your past. Amy on the other hand is you present and do you want to make her future or not. It's not fair that Amy is unaware of this all and even Sophia doesn't know that you are happy with Amy," claimed Terry. 

"I know... That's the problem. I had moved on from Sophia. Plus the only reason I ever went out on a date with her was because I wanted to get over Amy. But I had a connection with her and now that is back. When I'm with her, I feel like I'm alive but I feel that I'm not a child like everyone seems to think I am. But with Amy... She makes me be who I'm. She knows how childish I can get and she is always there with me for better or for worse." 

"Well I think the answe is right in front of you this whole time. You just have to do what needs to be done and make sure that their heart isn't broken in the process," advices Terry. 

Jake wasn't too sure how he was meant to do this all. He wished that he wasn't faced with this dilemma but he was and he had to do the right thing. He couldn't lie to both amazing women. Especially when he loved them both. He had to choose who he saw himself spending the rest of his life with.

                       //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"What I can't believe that with all that evidence that he still managed to get away with  it. Sophia is great at what she doe," remarked Roza. 

"Roza, you aren't meant to be on her side. Its not over yet. She will be defending him with our case as well and we want him to pay for all his deeds," snapped Amy. 

"Relax, we will get him. It is still him that we are talking about here right now right?" Asked Roza puzzled. 

"Yeah... We are." 

"Oh ladies... Like I said. I beat them and it won't take me long to get him out of whatever claims that you are going to arrest him for," smirked Sophia. 

"Well you can discuss this all when you come down to the station to answer some questions. Let's go," said Amy as she grabbed Philip Marcas and handcuffed him. 

"Gentle please ladies. How can such pretty lady be so rough," remarked Philip. 

"Eeewww.... Shut up," said Amy grossed out. "You have the rights to remain silent.... Anything you say can and will be used against you in court. You have the right to a lawyer and if you can't appoint one.... One would be appointed for you by the court." 

"Oh he won't need all this," started Sophia. 

"Yeah well he is getting  it all," responded Roza. 

                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Aw that expression on her face," smiled Roza. Amy didn't know you had it in you to act like that to someone." 

"What I was not trying to be rude or anything  but..." She stopped when she saw Sophia exit the elevator. 

"I'm here and he isn't answering any questions until we are told what exactly he will be charged with and what you think he had done now." 

"Well I will get a list of all the illegal things he has done and you can choose. He may be able to get away with a lesser sentence if he is willing  to cooperate," answered Roza. 

Sophia was about to answer when she looked up and her eyes opened wide. Amy slowly turned around to see why this was and stopped as well. Jake had just walked in and was in the middle of both. He looked from Amy to Sophia and back again. He looked speechless. 

Jake panicked as he saw the two of them in the squad room. How was he going to talk to either one without the other finding out what had been happening? Panic rose inside him.