Part 18

Jake walked into the break room where he found Amy and Hitchcock talking. He was about to make a U- turn when Amy stopped. 

"Hey Jake, can we please talk for a second. I really need to talk to you," she said with a small smile. 

Taking in a deep breath, Jake smiled and nodded. 

"Hitchcock, can we get back to this discussion a little later. I need to speak with Jake."

As Hitchcock left, he closed the door behind him. He knew that it was best not to disturb them. As soon as he left, Hitchcock pressed his eyes against the door. Boyle and Rosa, who were passing by stopped. 

"What on Earth are you doing?" questioned Rosa.

"Im trying to hear what Amy and Jake are talking about. Their relationship is at a very interesting point and my money is on Jake choosing Amy over that Sophia," Hitchcock filled them in. 

As soon as they heard what was happening, they too pressed their ears to the door. 

"I really hope that they can sort this all out. I mean especially after what happened earlier with Sophia showing up and Amy seeing them together," whispered Boyle. 

"That was kind of uncalled for and I did feel sorry for Amy," admitted Rosa. "And if anyone of you repeat this again... I'll kill you both."

Meanwhile inside.... 

"Amy, I'm sorry about Sophia and what happened in the bullpen. I didn't want to have to rub this all in your face. I..."

"Jake, we are both grown adults. When we started dating, I hope that we both knew that there would be a small chance that we would break up. And we also knew that we work in the same  precinct and we still would be partners. Lets just move past this all and try and be friends. It may be hard at first but there isn't any point in. us going over what happened and what went wrong. 

Jake couldn't believe what Amy was suggesting. He didn't want to be just friends... But then again, being friends sounded better than not even being in each others lives all together. 

"You're right, we have to work together and we are partners. We need to move past all this and try to make this work. If you are willing to do so than so m I," added Jake slowly. 

"Great... and don't worry about Sophia. It will be awkward at first but then I'll... we'll get over it. Also it may be best not to tell Sophia about us. Last time she found out that we liked each other, it became a little weird."

Jake nodded in silence. Clearly Amy had thought this out and she wasn't going to change her mind on any of this. The best he could do was just go with it. 

"What, seriously they are just going to pretend that there isn't anything between them? Who are they kidding?" snapped Boyle. 

                            //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Jake and team waited as Terry and Scully came out of the interrogation room. They had picked up Phil's girlfriend (I can't remember if I told her name). She was sitting there waiting to be questioned. 

"So how long do you plan to keep her in there before actually questioning her?" asked Captain Holt.       

"We want her to sit there and get nervous. When we picked her up, she acted like she was all unaware of what was happening. She was too confident in her responses," answered Terry. 

"Phil has trained her well. She knows what to say and what to do when she is caught," added Roza.

"Jake, you and Amy go in get what you can out of her before she asks for a lawyer."

Jake and Amy nodded and made their way to the interrogation room. 

"Should we give her few more minutes?" asked Jake.

"Yeah, so she can come up with a better lie? Let's do this," answered Amy. 

She turned and opened the door. Jake watched her march in with her full on Dont Mess With Amy face... He couldn't help but smile, this attitude at one point may had annoyed him but he loved her too much to bother him. 

"So Zoya, we can do this the hard way where you continue to act like you dont know anything about Phil's business or you can help us," stated Amy. 

"And why would I do that. I love Phil and he isn't involved in anything that you guys are trying to pin on him," Zoya replied. 

Jake noticed that she was playing with her rings. She avoided eye contact from both of them. 

"You are lying and you are hiding something. You haven't stopped playing with your rings since we walked in," pointed out Jake. 

Zoya looked at her hands and then at Jake. "That doesn't prove anything and you can't make me talk. I know what you guys are trying to do and trust me, I didn't really think that you would get that far but... I have nothing to do with your imaginary quest to blame Phil for things that he hasn't done."

"You say that you love him so much and I know that he too loves you so much... then how is it possible that he hasn't shared what he does... and more importantly how can you not help him with all this?" asked Jake. "That is if you truly did love him."

"I know everything about him and what he does. Who do you think gave him the whole idea? We are always in it together... thats love... we don't keep anything from each other. Don't you try to pit us against each other," snapped Zoya.

"I wasn't pitting you against each other. I just wanted confirmation that you are working with Phil and you just admitted that you are his partner..." cheered Jake. 

Zoya looked at him confused, "No... you dont have anything on us."

"Oh but every soon we will have you both here in handcuffs," smiled Amy. 

Jake and Amy both left the room with a huge smile on their faces. They had finally managed to get confirmation that Zoya was indeed working with Phil and that she would definitely have some evidence under her name. 

"I loved how you just brought in all this talk about love and doing anything for love. It really worked her up and she slipped up."

Slowly the smile on Jake face widened as he saw the bright expression on Amy's face. With all the Sophia drama, it was good to see the smile on her face. He only wished that he could always see that face. He only wanted Amy and only wanted her happiness to worry about. Why was this all happening?