Part 6

Amy paced in the break room. She knew that the case was important to her and Roza yet Jake and Sophia were still dancing in her mind. She wanted Jake to tell her the truth and yet he kept reassuring her that all was well.

"Amy, what's been up with you lately? Is everything ok?" asked Jake as he came in and stood in front of her.

Amy fought back the anger and calmed herself done. She knew that he knew something was bothering her yet he didn't admit about Sophia.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just trying to focus on the whole case and all. We have a lead and Roz and I are going to court tomorrow. We think this will be our main lead, he may also help with your case as well," replied Amy.

Jake watched her and knew that it wasn't the whole truth. She was hiding something from him. He wanted to push on that but Boyle came in in a rush.

"Jake, Jake, we need to talk... now," he said in a rush. He looked at Amy and gave her awkward smile and looked at Jake as if expecting him to understand what he wanted to say.

"Excuse me Amy, before Charles here goes into labour," joked Jake.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"What is so important that you had to barge in there?"

"Sophia is here. She is looking for you and I thought that you wouldn't want your girlfriend to find out that she is here now would you?" blurted out Boyle.

Jake stood there frozen. He then saw in the background Sophia sitting at his table waiting. "This isn't good. Amy cant see Sophia and Sophia cant meet Amy. If they talk then im dead."

"But doesn't Sophia know that Amy and you are a couple?"

"Well I was meant to but we never got around to that part. I feel horrible and I know that you wont let this go for a long time but can it wait?"

"I'll take Amy and distract her while you sort out her," whispered Boyle and left.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Heey!!!! What you doing here?" asked Jake looking around to make sure Amy wasn't around.

"I came to see you. And ask you if you would like to have dinner. I know that our talk didn't really go the way I planned it. So how about a second go at it?"

"Sophia... I wanted to tell you something yesterday and I think I should have. I..."

"Jake, I will listen to all you have to say. I know that it wasn't fair that the way I ended it all. But I messed up something special with you and I think I love you too. Can we please have a second go at this all?"

But before he could answer, Sophia's phone rang. "I'm sorry, I have to take this. This is about a case of mine for tomorrow," said Sophia as she answered.

"Hey, thanks for getting back. Yeah I'll be there. Ok, I can meet him in 20 minutes. Ok thanks."

Jake watched in silence and then when she hung up wanted to say something but once again she stopped her.

"Jake please. I have to go and I would like you think about it. Meet me at the same restaurant and we can talk."

Sophia left, leaving him there alone and completely unsure of what just happened. He had prepared himself to tell her the truth and yet he hadn't even managed to say a single thing. She just said that she was in love with him. That point rang in his ears and a silent band was playing. Did he actually like the possibility of her coming back into his life? But what about Amy? He cared for her and he was happy with her.

What was he going to do? On one hand there was Sophia, the first woman he said he loved and he cared for. He was devastated when she had broken up with him. But he could get a second chance with her to see how things would have worked out if they stayed together.

But then there was Amy. Even though he told Sophia that he loved her, he always had a thing for Amy. He made fun of her many times but then they kissed. That's when it all changed for him and he knew that his feelings for her were real all along. He couldn't imagine breaking her heart.

He couldn't stop thinking about Sophia and he knew that now knowing of the true feelings of her, the fact that she loved him, things had changed. Had his feelings changed as well?