Harry

Chapter One (Harry)

Perry

Thompson Memorial School is a prestigious private boarding school for both boys and girls of age 11 to 18. It's supposed to be a luxurious school where the students are benefited with good educational facilities, basically a dumping ground for parents who are clearly getting rid of their kids.

And that, unfortunately, is the school where I go to.

And it is not definitely luxurious as it is supposed to be.

To give you a briefing, the school was founded by some guy named Morris Thompson (which you probably don't know) hence, the name Thompson Memorial School. He's supposed to be the richest guy in town way back years ago and donated a lot of funds to the town, helped a lot of towns folks, and decided to put up a school.

But anyhow, this isn't anything about the great Morris Thompson, the founder of this school. I didn't even know the guy, mind you. Anyway, let's cut to the chase.

Do you ever notice how most schools, especially very, very old schools, often have some creepy ghost stories circulating around just to scare off the students?

Well, you're in for a treat because our school has lots of them.

Rumors say that the ghost of Morris Thompson still wanders around and appears at two in the morning. It's kind of lame, actually. What the heck would the ghost of the founder be doing at the school grounds at two in the morning? Probably having some early morning stroll looking for a cup of latte?

The first night I stayed here, my two older brothers who are practically morons scared me silly with a stupid ghost story. It was something about a former student getting murdered inside the school. I was just eleven back then so I believed them.

I got nightmares about a bloody ghost chasing me around while begging for help. It freaked me out a lot and I wouldn't go to the washroom alone at night. And my brothers still think it's funny. I've always had nightmares ever since I was little and it freaks me out every single time.

Since our school has so many tales about ghosts and stuffs (which wasn't mentioned in the school's brochure), my brothers went crazy because it's big news for them. They love ghosts.

You want to know why?

They've always dreamed of becoming professional ghost hunters ever since I could remember. They're batshit crazy. And I just hope it doesn't run in the family.

I don't even know how they got their ghost hunting equipment. They've got a lot of weird, high tech gadgets they always lug around with them which I'm not allowed to touch. They must have got them from our grandfather, who's also bonkers for ghost and paranormal stuffs. It annoys me how he encourages my brothers' delusional fantasies. He's a weird old man. Probably because of his old age, our mom often says. Plus, he even gets very superstitious at times.