Perry's Book

Chapter Six (Perry's Book)

Harry

Before I even had the chance to open my mouth and talk, those three crazy allies of Moxley snatched her away just like that. I fumed. Don't they even know respect? Like, don't turn away when the great one (which is I) is still yet trying to talk. Don't they even appreciate the way they were blessed by my glorious presence?

"Moxley!" I hollered. "I said I'm not done yet with you!"

The girl glances back at my direction looking quizzical before they disappeared around the corner. I shrugged and found myself smiling. Oh, I guess I'd see her next time then.

I flipped over the book I was holding. It was just lying on the floor of detention and I was feeling a bit charitable this morning so I picked it up. It had to be hers. I could tell by those initials written in gold on the front. (I know. I'm a genius, thank you.) It read: PAM. Perry-whatsit her middle name- Moxley.

I guess I'd be really seeing her next time, then. She's gonna come looking for this so she'll come looking for me. Everybody looks for Harry. Yeah, it could be too tiring but I'm used to the attention. It's not my fault they just can't get enough of me. Charming is my middle name.

"Harry!"

I gulped. In the meantime, I had to scoot out of here. I'm starting to not like this place.

"Harry, oh, I've been looking for you!"

I groaned and mustered a smile before turning around to Paige Chase. She's this girl from my class who follows me around because she thinks I like her. Well, she was kinda good looking so I don't blame her. With that long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, she was one hot package. I did played around and flirted with her a long time ago but that was that. She just couldn't understand that I wasn't being serious. But it was nice having her around anyway.

"I have good news!" she said excitedly, wrapping her arms around my muscular arm.

"What? You have cancer?" I gave her a dazzling smile.

She laughed and clung to me harder as we walked. "No, silly," she giggled. "I don't."

I tilted my head to the side and pressed my lips together. Sigh. She never understands sarcasm.

"So, as I was about to say," she giggled again which kind of sent chills down my spine. "The results will be posted tomorrow."

"What results?"

She slapped my arm and giggled loudly again like a psychopath.

"The results, silly," she said. "You know! The voting results for the Spring Prom."

Ah. Spring Prom. That darn thing. I didn't even think about that much until now. The school never had many parties and stuff. Honestly, I didn't care. But it is usually formality that all the handsomest and good looking people (such as myself) automatically dominate parties like that. I'm a natural crowd turner. It's just my thing, catching people's attention (or rather seeking their attention).

I let Paige yammer and giggle about the Spring Prom excitedly. I half-listened to the part where she was eagerly telling me that she was certainly sure she'd be voted Duchess and would be able to compete for Prom Queen (the girl has strong faith) yada – yada, occasionally nodding to show that I was listening to her when I was really not. She wasn't really good with hints though.

I was pre-occupied myself. At that moment, I had only one thing in my mind.

Moxley.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't know, but I kind of found her amusing. But never mind that. For now, I just had to find a way to get rid of Paige which isn't going to be easy.