The Dare

Chapter Seven (The Dare)

Perry

"Oh. My. God."

Those were what came out from my mouth after staring up at our year's notice board. I gazed up, letting my mouth hang open. I didn't care if some fly hovers in.

"At least, it was worth it," Angie commented, breaking me out from my trance. "Right?"

If Lobby wasn't there to stop me, I could've strangled Angie to death.

"Whose freaking idea was this?" I wailed.

All fingers pointed at Daryl, shifting all the weight of their faults to him.

"What? It was a great idea!" he tried to reason. "It was the only way to get you out of detention. We had to talk to Mr. Henderson to let you out so your votes won't go down. Good thing Mr. Henderson's one of buddies so he agreed. We basically bailed you out of detention. Shouldn't you thank us for that?"

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. Really, I just closed tem to block out Daryl. Seeing him gives me this headache that only makes me want to kill him more.

"You did that, to bail me out of detention and I should be grateful?" I asked. "It was only going to be four hours!"

"You really want to spend four hours in detention with Harry Singer?" Lobby inquires. "Oh my God, Perry, that is so not you!"

"No," I quickly said. "I didn't say that! It wasn't even my fault I ended up in there!"

"Yeah, it was ours," said Daryl. "So, we had to do something about it that's why we did the only way possible. We had to do the right thing."

I glared at him. "The only thing that's possible and right?" I snarled. "You think?"

I growled in order to restrain myself from wrapping my fingers around Daryl's throat and glanced back up at the notice board. The results of the voting poll for Duke and Duchess of the ball was up.

And there was my name printed on it. Well, of course it was there, if it hadn't for these dorks. And to sum it all up, it was placed on top of the list.

"How did this even happen?" I asked. "You didn't hack into the school system, didn't you?"

"Well, I guess it's safe to say that people voted for you out of their own freewill," Lobby said with a smile.

"Nobody even knows me," I grumbled. "I'm not even popular. Not even attractive."

"Yeah, you're right at that one," Angie snorted but I shot her a grave look. "I was only kidding. You should look at the mirror sometimes and see for yourself. Stop saying negative stuffs about yourself, Pers."

She just said that to make me feel better. It didn't.

"I still can't believe it," I said.

"Well, seeing is believing, honey," Lobby wraps her arm around me. "And you're seeing your name up there on top with the most votes. So, you're now one of the candidates for Prom Queen. Yay!"